The Student Room Group

How many showers do you take a day?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
No, but I like to take morning showers to feel clean and night showers to fall asleep, it's a must. More of a routine than anything!

A day is fine to get a clear mind, but if I would take a shower before sleeping, I am so sure I would not sleep the night after that.
Normally one in the morning but might have a second in the evening if its hot or I'm going out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wonder if being at home most of the day has changed anything?
Two.
One in the morning, one in the evening.
Original post by barnetlad
I wonder if being at home most of the day has changed anything?

This probs sounds disgusting but I shower much less frequently now that I don't have to go outside. I used to shower daily (or twice in one day if I had done sport and been sweating) but now I go like 2-3 days without showering... eek!!
It hasn't changed the number of times I shower, but has changed what I wear, no work clothes at all and some shoes not worn for several weeks.
One.
1 in the morning and 1 before I get ready for bed so 2 a day.
1, maximum 2 if I’ve exercised and sweaty. Any more than that unless something has made you dirty seems like a waste of resources. And it dries out the skin a lot.
Reply 229
Actually, I recently found out that the recommended amount of showers that one should take a week (provided that the climate is temperate and you're not exercising) is 2 or 3 times! Recommended by doctors! Apparently, showering too much can be very damaging to the skin and can also reduce the body's natural ability to clean itself. So you actually can end up being cleaner by showering less.

So I've tried to reduce the amount of showers I take, particularly since I don't go out much. Not 2/3 times a week yet, but once every 2 days.

Quick Reply

Latest