The Student Room Group
Reply 1
britney
hey there, is anyone on here doing the module 5 and 6 exam on the 29th June? im ok with most of the mod 5 except the transition metal bit which is actually probably all of it! any got any ideas on how to learn it? useful hints would be most appreciated.
thanks!
good luck everyone!

which board?... iam doin edexcel... and have only 6 on the 29th....... transition metals.. is in unit 5.... and all we have to learn is the complexes... colours...catalytic uses... and oxidation and reduction of the ions..... its not that hard..... just learn one thing at a time...
Reply 2
If you're talking about OCR, then I'm doing it. There's so much to learn it's criminal! I'm not looking forward to it at all!
hey i'm doing it too. its OCR everybody. i dunno how you really learn it. you just hammer it into your brain or just try and picture those blimmin molecules.

one way i've hacked it is just revisiting my notes on a really frequent basis because by the time i'm really sick of it i start chanting the notes so i think that was partly how i got it into my head.

its ages away, don't worry so soon :smile:
Reply 4
hey! thanx for answering my thread. Im doing AQA. we also have to learn all of the colours of complexes, formulas! everything! does anyone know also why copper forms [Cu (NH3)4(H20)]2+ and it doesnt go all the way to
[Cu(NH3)6] , ive been trying to think of some logical explanation but i cant!
grr............
x
Reply 5
i did a post on this too!!! im doing the exam on the 29th!! (along with all of my french exams, grr clashes!!!)
i dont know any good explanations for why some metals go to completion and some dont!! and why do only Co Cu and Cr form ammines???
my text book is driving me mad at the mo!! with its contradictions!!!
Reply 6
lol, ive jsut read that other thread that u made. could u access that website that the other member left a hyperlink for? i couldn't. was it any good?
I have no idea but silver also forms [Ag(NH3)2]+ . i went to a revision day on mod 5 and the actually examiners were hosting it and they said dnt worry if u think uve done rubbish in the exam, everyone does in mod 5 so the grade boundaries are really low! we live in hope! :P

Latest

Trending

Trending