The Student Room Group

GAMSAT 2016 (2017 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Got 57 myself, so wondering the same thing!
As long as you meet the interview cut off for the universities you are applying to, then your GAMSAT score doesn't matter beyond that (unless you are waitlisted, in which case, it does matter because you are ranked according to score.) The interviews are conducted with a clean slate, so to speak - the interviewers are not aware of your GAMSAT score. With a score of 57, I would be tempted to re-sit GAMSAT in September to give yourself a better chance. Cutoffs vary each year for the main, UK schools (from about 56/57 - 62/63)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(In answer to your question - there will most certainly be people with 57 who have got places!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 2017Med
As long as you meet the interview cut off for the universities you are applying to, then your GAMSAT score doesn't matter beyond that (unless you are waitlisted, in which case, it does matter because you are ranked according to score.) The interviews are conducted with a clean slate, so to speak - the interviewers are not aware of your GAMSAT score. With a score of 57, I would be tempted to re-sit GAMSAT in September to give yourself a better chance. Cutoffs vary each year for the main, UK schools (from about 56/57 - 62/63)

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I re-sat it and didn't improve, would I be able to ask GAMSAT to send unis my previous scores, even after I've received my results?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your score will still be valid from last year. You can check the GAMSAT website for 'currency of results' if in doubt (I am presuming you sat the exam in September 2016?) when you apply, you can include last year's results too. That's not a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZaiKay
If I re-sat it and didn't improve, would I be able to ask GAMSAT to send unis my previous scores, even after I've received my results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They just use your best score it doesn't matter when you did it as long as it is within a two year period. I would recommend you redo the Gamsat, this year's cut offs were exceptionally low, no reason why it should be so this coming year.
Goodluck to everyone doing Gamsat this year! I did it twice too - its one of the most draining exams i have ever taken
First time i did it I used old A2 books and notes from first year of University - basically anything i could find online
Second time i went on the Gradmed intensive course - scored much better and am looking forward to starting Medschool in September 2017.
I am selling all the material they gave me plus a few essays of my own - this is all 2016 material. Please check out my listing on ebay or forward to someone who you know needs these... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/282486730224?

GRADMED teachers have basically sat these exams and remembered the questions year after year and made these books with questions coming straight out of gamsat exams. Do I think you need to go on the Gradmed course in London? No. The full prep course costs £2650 while the intense course costs £1265. I paid for the intensive course. I cannot fault the teachers at all and I appreciated that learning environment but they basically taught from these books. The questions we did in class were mainly from the booklets pictured and then they told us to do the questions in the books at home. I went because I knew I needed these books and no one was selling the most updated versions.Definitely worth paying less and getting the books and all notes. These books have been well looked after and are basically like new. You may find the odd pencil mark where i've circled an answer or made a note of something - I will do my best to remove as much of the pencil markings of answers as I can (i will leave the notes i've made if i think they will be useful) Section 1 essay writing I found very hard - my top tip for this is www.ted.com, the news and practice! Write out essays and keep up to date as much as you can. I will also include a print out of my essays that I wrote out on common topics that crop up in the exam. FREE DELIVERY UK MAINLAND ONLY - Books are in Birmingham if you want to collect
Original post by 10LFC10
hey guys, for those of you who used march scores, which ucas ID did you tell gamsat? I mean this in the sense of sometimes the ID on your ucas application is different to the one you use for track :tongue: im sure you know what I mean!

The usual UCAS - by this I mean NOT the track ID!

:smile:
Original post by 10LFC10
guys, how do you add UKCAT or GAMSAT to your ucas when you have finished your degree? I would have usually put it under that but i cant now :frown:
Help! :tongue:

You don't- I can't remember exactly how it worked, but I remember sending GAMSAT my UCAS track ID (or vice versa?) and feel like UKCAT was done automatically? Should be mentioned on the FAQ pages of the relevant websites- either way, definitely didn't attach them to UCAS application :smile:
Original post by neuromeg
I got my invite this morning (around 9.30am), 59 on the GAMSAT :smile:

Hi I hope you are well in your med training, I just wanted to ask how did you do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending