The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Brian Creamer House

:rolleyes: Hey everyone ..
I've just submitted my accomm. application and after days and days of thinking about it, I decided on Brian Creamer as 1st choice and Stamford Street as my 2nd choice.
I decided that as it is my first year, I'd much rather halls than apartments as I would find it easier to make friends. I'm based at waterloo campus and even though Stamford Street is obviously a lot closer to Waterloo, I know it's tough to get in and Brian Creamer just really appealed to me.
Just wondering if anyone else had also chosen B. Creamer as their accommodation or if anyone could give me any thoughts on if I''ve made a wise choice ............. or not lol. Thank you! xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
did u rank all of them?..or just those 2?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Unlucky man, stamford is directly opposite waterloo!

From what i hear brian creamer is ok but not all that. I live in hampstead halls atm and although a mission, by far i have the biggest room and I pay so little money its almost theft!!

Jus stay from KCH and Wolfson House...
jr2007

Jus stay from KCH and Wolfson House...

:rolleyes:

I'm not sure how much you know about it, but KCH has by far the best social life and hall amenities of any king's accommodation... full size snooker, pool, squash courts, IT'S OWN BAR, common room with projector, sky TV with football package etc. Granted it's far away and it's not as modern as some of the others though. :smile:
dazmanultra

I'm not sure how much you know about it, but KCH has by far the best social life and hall amenities of any king's accommodation... full size snooker, pool, squash courts, IT'S OWN BAR, common room with projector, sky TV with football package etc. Granted it's far away and it's not as modern as some of the others though. :smile:

I've heard KCH has one of the best social outlooks too ... yet I'm sitting here discussing Brian Creamer lol ??!!!

I really think I'm going to change Brian Creamer to either Stamford Street or KCH as first choice?

Thank you!
Well if I was reapplying to halls (I'm in my final year now) I would personally go for the intercollegiates, because they have a fantastic location.

KCH does have a cool social life and I had a fantastic time there and met some amazing people (which I wouldn't change for the world) but it does take 30-40 minutes to get in to lectures in the morning. You do have to share bathrooms. And the catered food isn't that great (school dinners in bigger portions basically :redface:).
Reply 6
dazmanultra

True but then hampstead has all of those bar squash courts, although we use tennis courts just down the road. As for social, this year Hampstead and Stamford ruled the joint, though KCH had a fair few party goers.

I like KCH itself, but from what I hear the food isnt all that and to get there you have to go through some rough areas. And also apparently someone is going around having a dump in the corridors and its been smeared over walls and windows...
Reply 7
Noo, Brian Creamer over KCH. Stamford Street purely for the amazing location... but out of the people I know the BCH people seem to have the best time in their halls.
And BCH is really a pretty good location.
Although Big Ben is really loud and annoys them.
bch is only 10 mins walk. I made it in 5 on a few occasions. If you put bch as 1st choice, i would venture that you've got it. I don't know anyone who didn't get into BCH with it as their first choice.
kidney thief
bch is only 10 mins walk. I made it in 5 on a few occasions. If you put bch as 1st choice, i would venture that you've got it. I don't know anyone who didn't get into BCH with it as their first choice.

I heard that too ... if BCH is your first choice your pretty much in already lol.
But to be honest, thats why I'm doubting still having it as my first choice?!
I've heard that they barely even fill BCH and just put a couple of ppl in there ... but I love the location and I would much prefer halls to flats any day!

Btw - the stuff about the **** being rubbeb up/down walls at KCH is sodding rough! lol x
Reply 10
miss_sweetiepye
I heard that too ... if BCH is your first choice your pretty much in already lol.
But to be honest, thats why I'm doubting still having it as my first choice?!
I've heard that they barely even fill BCH and just put a couple of ppl in there ... but I love the location and I would much prefer halls to flats any day!

Btw - the stuff about the **** being rubbeb up/down walls at KCH is sodding rough! lol x

I was at BCH in my first year and it was pretty much full... there are a couple of rooms free for foreign students who come in half way through the year (but it's like that in any halls). The good thing about halls (especially a smaller one like BCH) rather than flats is that you do speak to EVERYBODY - I had friends at Stamford Street last year and they knew hardly anyone outside those in their flat.

I LOVED BCH - the rooms are bigger than Stamford Street (cos obv Stamford Street are ensuite), the location was amazing (btw it's about a 15 min walk to 2 out of the 3 exam halls King's uses, so that's really useful), and I met my boyfriend there... so there you go - Brian Creamer = happiness! lol. Seriously, if I could choose over, I would still go for BCH, and I'm planning to move back in there in my final year.

I would say you're likely to get BCH as your first choice cos a lot people (that is non-medics and based at Strand/Waterloo) don't apply cos of all the negative stuff they hear about it, but it's because it's smaller, and proper halls rather than flats, that makes it so good!
*fatty*

I would say you're likely to get BCH as your first choice cos a lot people (that is non-medics and based at Strand/Waterloo) don't apply cos of all the negative stuff they hear about it, but it's because it's smaller, and proper halls rather than flats, that makes it so good!

*fatty* (or Briony which I see is your real name) lol ..... u have just made my day!
Thank you so much .. I've never felt so relieved lol.
ABSOLUTELY CANT WAIT TILL KINGS NOW!!!
Reply 12
Brian Creamer has very limited availibilty, you will be lucky to get it even if it is your first choice. This year from what I know its just full of the craziest people ever!
Reply 13
I was wondering are the halls in great dover street good? as i want to have self catered and en suite and it's really close to guys campus! but i'd love to be in the hampsted campus as the area is so quiet.
Reply 14
If I could do this year again I'd want to live in BCH instead of SSA...
Reply 15
GDS is great for being close by to guys, and ensuite etc. If I could redo this year in terms of accomm, Id have gone for KCH or Intercollegiate. In GDS and SSA the apartments have 6-7 rooms, and u dont have acess to other's apartments unless they let u in, so socially its a bit rubbish.
So is anyone here actually intending to stay in BCH in Sept ... I still believe im the only one lol
Reply 17
i havnt decided mine yet. ive chosen kings as my firm. i dont know which ones are good though i think self catered is such a bother. imma be at strand campus i think coz thats where the comsci department is... any experiences/advice?
Reply 18
Sounds like you're looking for intercollegiate halls then. They're catered.
People generally walk/cycle/bus to the Strand from there, depending how energetic you're feeling and how much time you have.
Reply 19
well is non catered usually more expensive than catered?
actually i should post another thread for this.

Quick Reply

Latest