The Student Room Group

Excel Report help

I am completing a Sample Assessment paper and I have successfully created a spreadsheet which includes names of books borrowed and when they are due back. My question now is: Use the database to create a report of the books that are overdue, as they would be due back on or before 01/04/2011.

How do I create a report showing this?
Thank you, Any help appreciated
Reply 1
Original post by katyxsmith
I am completing a Sample Assessment paper and I have successfully created a spreadsheet which includes names of books borrowed and when they are due back. My question now is: Use the database to create a report of the books that are overdue, as they would be due back on or before 01/04/2011.

How do I create a report showing this?
Thank you, Any help appreciated

It depends what you mean by a 'report'.

Obvious things that spring to mind are using:

filtering to extract the rows where the due date is before the date you are given;

advanced filtering to copy rows meeting the criterion to a separate location in the worksheet;

conditional formatting to highlight rows where the criterion is met

Are you familiar with techniques like this to highlight or extract data from a table in Excel?
Reply 2
Original post by davros
It depends what you mean by a 'report'.

Obvious things that spring to mind are using:

filtering to extract the rows where the due date is before the date you are given;

advanced filtering to copy rows meeting the criterion to a separate location in the worksheet;

conditional formatting to highlight rows where the criterion is met

Are you familiar with techniques like this to highlight or extract data from a table in Excel?

I do yes, thank you so much, I just couldn't understand the term 'report'. Thank you again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending