The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

6+6=12
I have to respectfully disagree with you on this. If you're telling me there isnt enough intellect and imagination within the MUN to transform it back to its once successful days, then I think you're wrong.

Ok then. Where is it at?
6+6=12

The problem is motivation, most of us want the MUN to work better, but just can't be bothered to sit down and think of ways to improve it, because thinking of innovative ideas that haven't already been expended takes time and effort. Essentially that's why these elections are useful, because inevitably there are candidates who want something, they want that place, and as such it is not unfair for the MUN to ask these candidates to put some effort into thinking of new ideas, and in return provide the reward of the candidate being able to represent the nation they want.

The MUN has two candidates to choose between. You and me. If this is a sheer issue of motivation; why have you not swooped in to rescue us in the last 9months since I joined? You have held an SC seat as the UK for much of that time, and even without it, there has been nothing to stop you.

6+6=12

Of course, having an SC position does not increase your capacity to provide ideas and initiatives to save the MUN, but it does give you that responsibility that should mean that you are more willing to put the added effort in to help think of ways to improve the MUN.

Where have I said I'm not willing to put all my effort into this?
Reply 81
She has a point. You did have the UK before this.
I would like other Reps to note this point.

And I don't think the MUN will be as sucessful as it was before, but there is definite room for improvement.
Reply 82
Craghyrax
Ok then. Where is it at?

I think I explained quite clearly that its simply not being used....
It's called 'unused potential'

The MUN has two candidates to choose between. You and me. If this is a sheer issue of motivation; why have you not swooped in to rescue us in the last 9months since I joined? You have held an SC seat as the UK for much of that time, and even without it, there has been nothing to stop you.

It's a genuine pity that you cannot remain impersonal. I agree that I could have done more before, I'm just as much to blame as everyone. The point is, you can't tell me that nobody deserves a second chance. I didn't have the motivation, I had just joined Uni, and I had too much going on in my personal life to have time for TSR, let alone the MUN, I'm sure you will experience the same when you first start uni. I do have the time now, otherwise I wouldn't be standing for this position.

Where have I said I'm not willing to put all my effort into this?

You haven't, and as far as I know, I haven't accused you of that, I used 'you' as a ref. to everyone. what I was saying was my belief and a generalisation of where the MUN us at, it didnt refer to any particular member.
6+6=12
I think I explained quite clearly that its simply not being used....
It's called 'unused potential'

Yeh I got that. Its just that at this moment the only relevent unused potential is your's or mine.
6+6=12
It's a genuine pity that you cannot remain impersonal.

Why?
6+6=12
I agree that I could have done more before, I'm just as much to blame as everyone.

Not really. There have been other people who have been very active and posted many resolutions. That's the long and short of it.

6+6=12
The point is, you can't tell me that nobody deserves a second chance. I didn't have the motivation, I had just joined Uni, and I had too much going on in my personal life to have time for TSR, let alone the MUN, I'm sure you will experience the same when you first start uni. I do have the time now, otherwise I wouldn't be standing for this position.

I don't hold that against you. I'm sure nobody here would have either. If you'd told us that, it would have helped. You could have let us know via the Absence thread.
Reply 85
Craghyrax
Yeh I got that. Its just that at this moment the only relevent unused potential is your's or mine.

No, it's that of every member. And it applies to every member who decides to stand for a position.
Reply 86
Craghyrax
Why?

Because I would prefer candidates to maintain a pleasant manner towards each other and allow others to make these decisions, rather than influence their decision in a negative manner. If I wanted to do that, I would have commented how below par your responses to all the questions in this thread have been.

Not really. There have been other people who have been very active and posted many resolutions. That's the long and short of it.

Which is why we're being threatened to be shut down:rolleyes:

Reply 87
France has voted :smile:
6+6=12
No, it's that of every member. And it applies to every member who decides to stand for a position.

....who are you and me right now.
6+6=12
Because I would prefer candidates to maintain a pleasant manner towards each other and allow others to make these decisions, rather than influence their decision in a negative manner. If I wanted to do that, I would have commented how below par your responses to all the questions in this thread have been.

Is my manner towards you unpleasant?

6+6=12

We're being threatened with closing because there are active members who post resolutions? :wtf?: I don't know very much about the situation, so if you could clarify that would be good.
Reply 90

6+6=12

Note that the day that threat was published was april the first. I didn't correct the fact that people took it seriously because I hoped it might spark some life. I won't pretend that wasn't part of the reason in the first place.

Reply 91
How many more votes to go?

We should have 21 but I see only 9! Perhaps the SG could PM the candidates as a reminder that the poll is up?
Reply 92
6+6=12

I would like to remind you that any and all sorts of misconduct by candidates should be reported to the SG. So far, I haven't seen Nefarious drop a warning on anyone.

As for the responses being below par, I think the poll will show us what the rest of us think.
Reply 93
This is my last post as China :biggrin:
Nightowl
This is my last post as China :biggrin:

Meh :hmpf:
Reply 95
Although the poll is still active, let me be the first to say congrats to craghyrax :smile:

Hope you have fun leading China to greatness.

:eek: errm, I mean, darn Communists. Yeah, the United States rests its case. :cool:
Reply 96
Congratulations to Craghyrax!
Cheers guys. I'll try to follow Nightowl's exemplary lead!
Good game, Taahir :five:

Spoiler

Reply 98
I'll be your oily friend in the Middle East :smile:
Reply 99
Nightowl
I'll be your oily friend in the Middle East :smile:

greasey :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending