The Student Room Group

Beautiful in the mirror and in selfies but horrible in normal photos

I look at myself in the mirror every morning and Im impressed with my looks but then when Im in photos im like wtf and then it just confuses me I look fat and hideous in them.
Many reasons as to why photographs are unflattering: angle picture is taken from, the direction and type of lighting, the equivalent focal length of the camera lens. It actually takes some skill to get a photograph to be a true and accurate representation of how something looks to human eyes :smile: If you're happy with what you see in the mirror then trust in that. It's how people in real life see you.
Better than the opposite OP.

I've seen some sloots who look like a 10/10 in selfies and amateur "modelling" but are strong 4/10s without makeup IRL. Lighting and angles of peace
Reply 4
The best test is if people are queueing up to shag you.
Same. I always think I look nice in the mirror/selfies but when someone else takes a picture I'm like oh my god please someone tell me that isn't what I actually look like, I guess we will never really know what we look like to other people
I think it's more to do with your mind than your eyes...Plus some people are just photogenic. When you meet them in the flesh it's strange how they can look quite different than their unphotoshopped/unfiltered photos.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending