The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im at aston, its a good uni, coursea little antiquated, howeverthey are modernising the course in termas of practicals etc etc. let me know if u need more info.
Reply 2
Hi Carl, I've put Aston as my firm for pharmacy :smile: So have you enjoyed the course then? what year are you in? Whats the guild like because on my open day it was closed and we couldnt get in!
Cool your actually at ASTON! Okay tell me whats the social life like:biggrin:
And how good is the accomdation?
Sunday what grades did they said you needed to get in aston? people seem to be getting different offers from this uni.
Reply 5
i am also putting Aston down as my firm for pharmacy [yup stayin in brum!]..iv been offered ABB (A in chem) =| if i get the A in maths for example and Bs in the other 2 subects..would they still let me in do you think?? thats what im worried about the most!
Reply 6
Aston is not a bad uni, good vibe, good nite life aswell being in brum! Very easy to reach manchester, notts, london if you like going out to thosep laces for a nite out! also guild has a very good atmosphere even more so on shcool uniform night ;-)

As with all unis, lectures could be better, lectururs boring old/overseas farts (some of them). Work load is alot, so work hard and play harder!

Im currently building an online resource to help pharmacy students www.learnpharmacy.co.uk a 1 stop shop for pharmacy students. Any ideas of what would make the academic side of things easier pls let me know! thanks!
Okay I shall check out that site:biggrin:
Jelly thats the same problem that is making me worried if I get offered a place and need an A in chem that would be a bit of a strech I can only manage a B.
Reply 8
I remember last year, my friends were also made ABB offers, and most that only managed to get BBB were takken in by Aston. I'm can't say for sure that this happens every year, but just thought i'd let u knw..
Thank you! -hugs- Um because I am apply late through ucas extra do you think that I will be required to have an interview?
Reply 10
yeah, i know a person that got in with bcc! but i think that was through exceptional circumatances! Yeah most likely they will interview you. nothing major though.
oh **** am very bad at interviews...do you know anyone who has been interviewed?:s-smilie: If you do can you ask what questions did they ask?
Reply 12
As far as i know, Aston dont do interviews, they will give you an offer based on your grades and personal statement
Do you guys think I will be looked over because I am applying in april...:frown:
Reply 14
Chiba, to answer your question they've asked me to get a B in chem, I already have AB as im on a gap year resitting some chem mods :smile:
And nah I don't think you'll be overlooked, if its still on extra then go for it!
Phew I think I shall do that on wednesday. I need to get to school to send my new PS.
I made Aston my firm choice too.. have to get BBC
what do you need to get ur C grade in?
what did you get at as level?
Reply 18
i got an offer but rejected it

i got ABB offer
Reply 19
An ok uni for an ok course.

Latest

Trending

Trending