The Student Room Group

Anyone any good with Excel? There's a line on my spreadsheet that won't delete!

I have a line on my excel spreadsheet that I can't delete. I can't click on it, and even if I delete the rows around it, it still won't disappear.

Massive thanks and rep if you can help - it's been driving me crazy for the last 30 minutes!

Screenshot attached.
Reply 1
Original post by ImNotSuperman
I have a line on my excel spreadsheet that I can't delete. I can't click on it, and even if I delete the rows around it, it still won't disappear.

Massive thanks and rep if you can help - it's been driving me crazy for the last 30 minutes!

Screenshot attached.

Try dragging the bottom of row 11 down. If not, try scrolling away from it then back to it; sometimes that works.

If that still doesn't work, may I ask how it appeared?
Reply 2

Screenshot attached.

You haven't frozen the panes have you?

If you try to scroll the window, does the data above the line stay where it is and the rows below all scroll down? If so, go into the View tab and select Unfreeze panes.

Otherwise it's probably a rogue border somewhere - select the row above and the row below, go into Format Cells -> Borders and clear any horizontal borders.

Another thought - it may not be an actual line. If you've done a Print or Print Preview it may be a Page Break or a Page Break indication. Does it show up in Print Preview?
Original post by davros
You haven't frozen the panes have you?

If you try to scroll the window, does the data above the line stay where it is and the rows below all scroll down? If so, go into the View tab and select Unfreeze panes.

You sir are a freaking genius. The panels had been frozen. Thank you very much :smile:

Original post by Andy98

If that still doesn't work, may I ask how it appeared?

It's a personal finance budget template I found online so it had already been done, but I wanted to undo it :smile:
Reply 4
You sir are a freaking genius. The panels had been frozen. Thank you very much :smile:

I'm not a genius; it's just I'm used to cocking up like that, so I learnt how to fix my messes after a while :tongue:

It's a personal finance budget template I found online so it had already been done, but I wanted to undo it :smile:

Ahhh that makes sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending