The Student Room Group

receptionist job - excel skills needed!!!

I have a job interview tomorrow for an outpatient receptionist job for the NHS, and i need ot have a level 3 NVQ for using excel. However, i am quite new to excel so wanted to know if anyone knew what specific things i should learn on excel

THANK U
Reply 1
Take a look at the syllabus for the NVQ and see what you recognise and what you don’t. I had a browse and there is quite a bit about manipulating (formatting, sorting, finding, comparing etc.) information with various functions. If you need training in some of these, try TikTok, it’s a useful as a resource for learning how to do new things in a concise visual way.

Whether the job actually needs this level is another question, it might be as simple entering and finding data in existing spreadsheets ratting than creating spreadsheets with functionality. Although if they’ve asked for an NVQ there might be specific questions or even a practical test. In any events present what you know and say you are willing and able to learn anything needed. Good luck.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
Take a look at the syllabus for the NVQ and see what you recognise and what you don’t. I had a browse and there is quite a bit about manipulating (formatting, sorting, finding, comparing etc.) information with various functions. If you need training in some of these, try TikTok, it’s a useful as a resource for learning how to do new things in a concise visual way.

Whether the job actually needs this level is another question, it might be as simple entering and finding data in existing spreadsheets ratting than creating spreadsheets with functionality. Although if they’ve asked for an NVQ there might be specific questions or even a practical test. In any events present what you know and say you are willing and able to learn anything needed. Good luck.

Thanks a lot!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending