The Student Room Group

Which A levels should I take?

I am in the process of choosing my A level subjects and have so far decided that I would like to study History, English Literature, Drama & Theatre Studies and either Theology, Politics or Geography.
I took Geography at GCSE and haven't found it particularly challenging but I am also interested in taking theology or politics.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by VerityMW
I am in the process of choosing my A level subjects and have so far decided that I would like to study History, English Literature, Drama & Theatre Studies and either Theology, Politics or Geography.
I took Geography at GCSE and haven't found it particularly challenging but I am also interested in taking theology or politics.

Thank you :smile:

Something you'll enjoy.
Reply 2
whats equivalent to an A level? I have level 2 excedel btec diploma in health and level 2 city and guilds at distinction grades.. It says they are A-C grade gcses but i already have 10 A-C From school? I only need one A level or equivalent but I dont know how to gain or if i have one?
Reply 3
Original post by Roisin94
whats equivalent to an A level? I have level 2 excedel btec diploma in health and level 2 city and guilds at distinction grades.. It says they are A-C grade gcses but i already have 10 A-C From school? I only need one A level or equivalent but I dont know how to gain or if i have one?

I think what you have already should be about equivalent if not more than 1 A level. I think depending on what level B tec you have it can be equivalent to even 3 A levels :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Andy98
Something you'll enjoy.

Wise words, thanks :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Roisin94

Level 3 is equivalent to A Level - the Level 2 qualifications you have are equivalent to GCSE.

If you need to gain one, either do an A Level or BTEC National Award (worth an A Level), BTEC National Certificate (worth two) or a BTEC Extended Diploma (worth three).
Reply 6
Wise words, thanks :smile:

Coming from a guy who made the mistake of doing something I don't enjoy
Reply 7
I think what you have already should be about equivalent if not more than 1 A level. I think depending on what level B tec you have it can be equivalent to even 3 A levels :smile:

Level 2 is equivalent to GCSEs, that person does not have any equivalent qualifications to A level.

Quick Reply

Latest