can anyone help me? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I like this girl that is in the same friendship group, i decided to tell her and she said she kinda liked me too and we should continue hanging out just the 2 of us. My dilemma is that i don't want to ask straight up for her to be my girlfriend but i feel like if i don't say it she won't class it as us dating as we were 'friends' before this. Should i ask her or should i just keep hanging out more and maybe have some form of intimacy before i ask?
cookiemonster15
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I like this girl that is in the same friendship group, i decided to tell her and she said she kinda liked me too and we should continue hanging out just the 2 of us. My dilemma is that i don't want to ask straight up for her to be my girlfriend but i feel like if i don't say it she won't class it as us dating as we were 'friends' before this. Should i ask her or should i just keep hanging out more and maybe have some form of intimacy before i ask?
I would say just keep hanging out with her before you ask and maybe make it obvious that you are going on 'dates' as opposed to 'casually hanging out as firends'?
Ribenas
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My advice is to ask her out on a date, you don't want to keep hanging out and be put in the friend zone. However you also do not want to make it awkward between the two of you if she rejects you by asking her to be your gf.

Hope this helps
-R
Kevin De Bruyne
  • Very Important Poster
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Someone doesn't have to be your boyfriend/girlfriend before you can date. Usually it's the other way around.
UWS
  • Very Important Poster
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I hate decisions like this.

It's risk the friendship vs chance of getting the girl you want.

You just need to see which will benefit your more. I usually go with the latter hence why I hardly have any female friends lol.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (452)
91.68%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (41)
8.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise