The Student Room Group

American university applications!

Hey guys,
So with UK I am also aplying to some US colleges so as to widen my options after decisions come in. Thing is I need input on which colleges are good for one of the following interests/ courses :

Physiotherapy Bsc
Healthcare
Biology
English
Or even as a last resort liberal arts

The names I am considering are
Vassar, Boston uni, NYU, Emory, Umass Amherst, Northeastern, Claremont Mckenna, Pomona* and Tufts*

If someone can suggest some names on the west coast do let me know, I'm opento it at the moment.

So please do give me your thoughts or adjustments!
Thanks! :biggrin:
*A bit out of reach but might as well?
Original post by aboli.g
Hey guys,
So with UK I am also aplying to some US colleges so as to widen my options after decisions come in. Thing is I need input on which colleges are good for one of the following interests/ courses :

Physiotherapy Bsc
Healthcare
Biology
English
Or even as a last resort liberal arts

The names I am considering are
Vassar, Boston uni, NYU, Emory, Umass Amherst, Northeastern, Claremont Mckenna, Pomona* and Tufts*

If someone can suggest some names on the west coast do let me know, I'm opento it at the moment.

So please do give me your thoughts or adjustments!
Thanks! :biggrin:
*A bit out of reach but might as well?

Perhaps look on a rankings website to get a sense of ranking by subject? See

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_and_university_rankings
How are you going to pay for this? Unless you have $200,000+ to spare you should focus on applying to universities which offer financial aid to international students rather than colleges with good biology departments.

If you have no money then you should apply to need-blind colleges, this means they don't take into account your ability to pay when assessing your application. Only Harvard, MIT, Yale, Princeton and Amherst are need-blind to international students and will meet 100% of international students' financial need. There are other need-blind and need-aware schools but they do not guarantee funding for international students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending