The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm so worried...have hardly started revision due to homework and now I am ill, and have 3 essays to write as well as other homework.
NickiM
I'm so worried...have hardly started revision due to homework and now I am ill, and have 3 essays to write as well as other homework.

Think of the homework, especially essays, as revision so it doesn't seem like as much because it's very likely that the essays are helping you anyway. And get well soon :hugs:
michaelbenson
However, you obviously need to devote some term to academic activities and revision, therefore try drawing up some sort of structured timetable, which I coincidently did during my GCSE years, worked wondered, but I ended up with about 5 detailed, broken-down spreadsheets timetabling and planning almost every aspect of my life for the two weeks prior to "Exam Week".

:rofl: I ended up (unintentionally) doing that yesterday. I meant to just find a few hours in the day when I could revise and ended up writing a ridiculously detailed timetable of my whole day from waking up to going to bed! Needless to say, I haven't stuck to it in the slightest :frown: I usually manage to for at least a day!
Reply 23
kellywood_5
Think of the homework, especially essays, as revision so it doesn't seem like as much because it's very likely that the essays are helping you anyway. And get well soon :hugs:

I guess. But I'm worried about the earlier stuff :frown:

And Music, you can't just blag at all :frown:

Reply 24
How about we all just give up! Wouldn't that be great?! No stress!

At least for a day!
Reply 25
How about we all just give up! Wouldn't that be great?! No stress!

I think that way too much! I have a job where I get paid more an hour than my mum, who has a degree equivelent, and it's so easy and unstressful I just think *fupp all this* sometimes!
Reply 26
I find watching football helps get my mind off stress (screaming at the team when they could score etc) and its a reward. For example tonight..
I must do three hours of work..and only then can I watch Man U vs AC milan, it motivates me and helps me get rid of my anger/stress.
well i wish i hadn't signed up for my sign language evening class, that would have made life less stressful. O well looks like I'll have to have a coffee at 9 and stay up til 12 again... :frown:

Exercise, especially something like dancing or yoga are AMAZING stress relievers and good for you, or work vvvv hard until 9 o'clock then stop and do nothing and feel satisified because you've worked so hard...
Reply 28
It depends in what you can loose yourself in. Some people can listen to music and just unwind without thinking about something. Some people can sit down with a good book and just read one chapter (personally i usually end up reading the whole book). Or you could just sit down and focus on your breathing (suprisingly relaxing at 3am... though you may fall asleep).

I myself tend to just lay back and think of a different world to fall into... it sounds weird I know but just think about your favourite book or tv show and allow youself to think of your own scenario's and you forget all about revision and exams... though perhaps that's just me and another one of my oddities.

-Chia
The way I combat stress is by making a timetable where I have given prority to all my subjects + some free time
and I always plan a treat for myself after one week of solid work - like going for a movie or something - nothing too time-consuming!
that way your mind relaxes a bit coz you know that you have planned out your time accordingly and there is nothing to stress about coz you know that you can get your work done on time :smile:
Anyone else having the same problem as me...say i revise from 2 till 6/7 and get alot of wrk done, then have a little break-hour or so..and after i cant chill out n go out, feel lyk i have to do even more work even though i have wrked my socks off couple hours erlier. it feels like as if i have to be constantly berevising or else think to myself im wasting time:confused: anyone else like this...or any solutions to combat this....
sohail_delboy
Anyone else having the same problem as me...say i revise from 2 till 6/7 and get alot of wrk done, then have a little break-hour or so..and after i cant chill out n go out, feel lyk i have to do even more work even though i have wrked my socks off couple hours erlier. it feels like as if i have to be constantly berevising or else think to myself im wasting time:confused: anyone else like this...or any solutions to combat this....

It's hard to avoid the feelings of guilt when you're not revising around exam time, but 4-5 hours a day is plenty and if you did any more than that, you'd probably burn out anyway, so it wouldn't be effective and thus it would also be a waste of time. So if you're going to waste time anyway, you might as well make it fun :p:
sohail_delboy

That is SO me!! Argh I'm so stressed out at the moment! And I feel myself getting snappier n moodier all the time.. so i just retreat to my room and try to do even more. And everyone's like, "Oh chill out calm down, you're gonna do fine and you know it.." Thing is NO I DON'T!!!
Plus I do so awfully in exams its ridiculous. So I have to work extra hard just to get the average/alright grade.
:frown: I feel so Poo.
<3
Reply 33
I'm really worried. I work as hard as I can, but will it be enough?
I find that things that keep my mind occupied help me to stop worrying about work (Such as my harvest moon ds game). The bad thing is that if I take a little break from revision I end up playing my DS for about 3 hours...

Latest

Trending

Trending