The Student Room Group

Social anxiety

Im a 9th grader and next year is m ylast year in school. i have been sturggling with social anxiety and i have a hard time going to school. one of my main problems is that my stomach starts rumbling beacuse of all the stress and that creates more stress for me. my grades have been falling beacuse of the tests i havent been able to do and i have gotten no grades in alot of subjects. its a dumb reason for not coming to school but i dont know what to do about it. im starting a new school next year and i hope to be able to finnish the year, but it will be a problem if my stomach continues. i dont know what to do about this problem and how to solve it. does annyone know what i should do?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
By the way, sorry for my writing mistakes. i write a bit too fast and i click the wrong letters. allso i live in norway so the school system might be a bit diffrent. we start childrens school and go there untill 7th grade, then we start teenageschool and go there for 3 years til we can make out own choice if we wanna continue going school. 10th grade is our last year.
Original post by sanasol
Im a 9th grader and next year is m ylast year in school. i have been sturggling with social anxiety and i have a hard time going to school. one of my main problems is that my stomach starts rumbling beacuse of all the stress and that creates more stress for me. my grades have been falling beacuse of the tests i havent been able to do and i have gotten no grades in alot of subjects. its a dumb reason for not coming to school but i dont know what to do about it. im starting a new school next year and i hope to be able to finnish the year, but it will be a problem if my stomach continues. i dont know what to do about this problem and how to solve it. does annyone know what i should do?

Going to a doctor is probably your best bet. You might get medication for your anxiety or you might be offered things such as CBT in order to help you understand why you feel stressed and how you can avoid high-tension scenarios.

Quick Reply

Latest