The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

How lenient is Leeds?

How lenient is the University of Leeds when it comes to grades?if i get a grade lower than my offer on results day, how likely is it that id still be accepted?
Hi i hold an offer from the University of Leeds.
To be honest, there is no definitive answer. It depends on a variety of factors: the grades of the rest of the cohort of applicants, so how many people meet the offer, how close you were to the entry requirement, if you have done an extended/ independent research project or an outstanding personal statement or have clearly shown incredible enthusiasm on applicant day. If you needed AAA and got AAB with B being close to an A, they'll likely take you anyway. Anything much below that and they'll most likely reject you.
But don't take that for granted, make sure you do your very best to meet the entry requirement.
(edited 8 years ago)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by mmsss
How lenient is the University of Leeds when it comes to grades?if i get a grade lower than my offer on results day, how likely is it that id still be accepted?

Totally depends on the subject, what have you applied for?

example physics are very lenient but chemical and mechanical engineering wont allow anything lower than their offer

Quick Reply

Latest