The Student Room Group

Trinity College Dublin housing

I've just been accepted to take a masters at TCD and seeing as I won't know anyone in Dublin I'll be going into halls. I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know anything about/have any experience with the TCD halls?
Original post by cfhurley
I've just been accepted to take a masters at TCD and seeing as I won't know anyone in Dublin I'll be going into halls. I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know anything about/have any experience with the TCD halls?

Have you applied for Trinity Hall out in Dartry, or on-campus accommodation, or both? Just be aware that Trinity has a small number of rooms for postgrads, and most people end up renting privately.
I know a little about Trinity Hall, and a good bit about the on-campus rooms, have you any specific questions?
Reply 2
I'm an international student and just got into a 1 year taught masters program at Trinity. I was trying to decide between renting myself vs living in Trinity Halls/Goldsmith. Could you tell me a bit about the pros/cons of all 3? From what I've researched so far it seems like renting privately can result in issues with landlords. However it would be cheaper than living at halls/goldsmith?
Reply 3
Original post by gutenberg
Have you applied for Trinity Hall out in Dartry, or on-campus accommodation, or both? Just be aware that Trinity has a small number of rooms for postgrads, and most people end up renting privately.
I know a little about Trinity Hall, and a good bit about the on-campus rooms, have you any specific questions?

Hi! Isn't there a larger allocation of rooms for post grads/ international students? I know there is still only a small chance of getting a room nonetheless. I was thinking of either applying to Trinity Hall, Goldsmith, or Rubrics - but am not sure which would be the best. Which one would have the most space, good access to wifi, and the most privacy/quiet do you think? Am I more likely to find a better flat for cheaper if I rent off campus? Can you also tell me a bit about "digs" vs renting a room in a flat?

Thanks for helping :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending