The Student Room Group

A dilemma

In my early twenties, I had fantasies of taking a girl out and taking her to some places around the city. Never took her out at the time. Maybe it was lack of confidence. Anyway, now at 30, have met a girl in her early twenties that resemble that girl I fantasied about. I now have the courage to take this new girl out but...

Question: Would it be selfish to take this new girl to the places I fantasized about in my early twenties? For me it's about recreating beautiful memories and making them come true. Obviously I won't tell this new girl about this but is it morally a bit wrong for me to do that? I know girls like to feel special and all. Would it be selfish for me to recreate old memories with this new girl?
Reply 1
Would be interesting to get a girl's opinion
Reply 2
I'm not a girl, but I don't see the problem here. They were only fantasies.
Original post by zill1
In my early twenties, I had fantasies of taking a girl out and taking her to some places around the city. Never took her out at the time. Maybe it was lack of confidence. Anyway, now at 30, have met a girl in her early twenties that resemble that girl I fantasied about. I now have the courage to take this new girl out but...

Question: Would it be selfish to take this new girl to the places I fantasized about in my early twenties? For me it's about recreating beautiful memories and making them come true. Obviously I won't tell this new girl about this but is it morally a bit wrong for me to do that? I know girls like to feel special and all. Would it be selfish for me to recreate old memories with this new girl?

Nope,nothing wrong with it. In fact it's lightly romantic that they resemble your teenage crush C:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, female specimen here. It wouldn't really be creating old memories... It'd be making fantasies come true. As long as you don't mix her up with the girl of your dreams, it should be fine, and maybe a little romantic.
Reply 5
Original post by flippantri
Hi, female specimen here. It wouldn't really be creating old memories... It'd be making fantasies come true. As long as you don't mix her up with the girl of your dreams, it should be fine, and maybe a little romantic.

Not necessarily girl of my dreams. A better label would be "original girl" who I met earlier in my life and the fantasies I created were with her in mind many, many years ago.
Reply 6
Original post by indigobluesss
Nope,nothing wrong with it. In fact it's lightly romantic that they resemble your teenage crush C:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Met the original girl in my early twenties. Not teenage crush.
Original post by zill1
Met the original girl in my early twenties. Not teenage crush.

Ah, my mistake. I still think you should go for it
Reply 8
Also I've heard people say that you should forget about your past love when you are with a new person. By going to the same places, i am forced to think about my past love (imaginary as it may seem).

However, the physical resemblance between she and the original girl will always be there though!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by zill1
Not necessarily girl of my dreams. A better label would be "original girl" who I met earlier in my life and the fantasies I created were with her in mind many, many years ago.

My original point still stands.
Reply 10
My original point still stands.

What about taking information from my above post 9?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by zill1
What about taking information from my above post 9?

It kind of makes you seem borderline obsessive - your past love is gone, you have to stop. Try fantasize going with this new girl, and push the memories out of your head, otherwise you won't enjoy it.
Reply 12
It kind of makes you seem borderline obsessive - your past love is gone, you have to stop. Try fantasize going with this new girl, and push the memories out of your head, otherwise you won't enjoy it.

That was the point of my original question. Should I recreate the fantasies or do something completely different?

If the answer is completely different then I am stuck as I can't think of anything else. Shows how much I 'loved' the original girl at the time. You are more romantic in your early twenties.
Original post by zill1
That was the point of my original question. Should I recreate the fantasies or do something completely different?

If the answer is completely different then I am stuck as I can't think of anything else. Shows how much I 'loved' the original girl at the time. You are more romantic in your early twenties.

Technically, you're not recreating the fantasies if you're doing them with another person.
Reply 14
I'm afraid it might turn out to be not as good as I imagined.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending