The Student Room Group

Disgusting feminist propaganda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP7OXDWof30

this is so unbelievably sexist toward men it's unfathomable how you can see a piece of propaganda from idea to finished product without thinking "this is wrong, really really wrong". you are bigots and sadly you are going to make men who would ordinarily care for and protect women think "**** it, they say this **** about us - they can look after themselves"

Women are more likely to be insulted or verbally abused by OTHER WOMEN than men. Men are far more often the victims of violence in general, yet no one bats an eye. It's always about the poor, frail, oppressed women. That's not equality.

- these are some of the many similar comments on the youtube video, and to be frank i couldn't agree more

I used to support REAL feminism, but now it's just gone out of hand and I challenge any of the feminists on TSR to justify this video in any way

Scroll to see replies

I actually agree, and I call myself a feminist on a daily basis. When I first saw this on my facebook wall my first thought was that it implies that every man that uses degrading slang towards women is essentially a rapist. It also shows women as completely helpless which is just plain not true. Why is it down to just men to stop using these terms? Are women incapable of sticking up for themselves?

I kinda see what it was trying to say, and clearly don't feel as strongly as you (seriously mate calm down yeah?) but yes, it's a bad message and clumsily made.
Reply 3
Original post by picklescamp
I actually agree, and I call myself a feminist on a daily basis. When I first saw this on my facebook wall my first thought was that it implies that every man that uses degrading slang towards women is essentially a rapist. It also shows women as completely helpless which is just plain not true. Why is it down to just men to stop using these terms? Are women incapable of sticking up for themselves?

I kinda see what it was trying to say, and clearly don't feel as strongly as you (seriously mate calm down yeah?) but yes, it's a bad message and clumsily made.

Calm down? i only copy and pasted the youtube comments if you actually read it properly.

lol you "kinda see what it was trying to say" yet it's a bad message and clumsily made... typical feminist IQ
Original post by Satoshii
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP7OXDWof30

this is so unbelievably sexist toward men it's unfathomable how you can see a piece of propaganda from idea to finished product without thinking "this is wrong, really really wrong". you are bigots and sadly you are going to make men who would ordinarily care for and protect women think "**** it, they say this **** about us - they can look after themselves"

Women are more likely to be insulted or verbally abused by OTHER WOMEN than men. Men are far more often the victims of violence in general, yet no one bats an eye. It's always about the poor, frail, oppressed women. That's not equality.

- these are some of the many similar comments on the youtube video, and to be frank i couldn't agree more

I used to support REAL feminism, but now it's just gone out of hand and I challenge any of the feminists on TSR to justify this video in any way

This is not real feminism, it is radical feminism. It's also ridiculous, wrong, and a blatant attempt at guilt-tripping.

I'm a feminist and find this pretty horrendous.
LOL a thread was made about this video recently. Anyway yeah the video is disgusting bull**** propaganda

I agree; there are elements of the video that make sense but they're overshadowed by the BS.
I actually agree, and I call myself a feminist on a daily basis..

Well aren't we a special snowflake.
Good lord.

Why don't they ever make videos about the girls who do exactly the same thing to boys? Hate this feminist gender war BS.

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Satoshii
Calm down? i only copy and pasted the youtube comments if you actually read it properly.

lol you "kinda see what it was trying to say" yet it's a bad message and clumsily made... typical feminist IQ

oh please stfu :lol: I was referring to the title of your thread. Or did youtube write that too?

Yeah what it was trying to do was say how use of language can often reinforce rape culture but what it actually did was basically call all men rapists. This implication was due to the clumsy way in which the intended message was put across.
Original post by BlindingLight
Well aren't we a special snowflake.

I'm pretty ****ing special yeah :u:
Special needs yeah.

I was waiting for that xD
Special needs yeah.

nope, that's just my silly girly brain for you.

Spoiler

Special needs yeah.

How original. Not sure how believing in rights for women makes you a special snowflake - grow up.
completely agree with the OP. As a female, I do believe in the idea of equality, but the feminists are giving the rest of us a bad name. They are actually placing women above men which is not improving the situation.
Original post by ivybridge
How original. Not sure how believing in rights for women makes you a special snowflake - grow up.

It doesn't make you a special snowflake, it's makes you an identity ideologue.

Identity (equality for women) does not come before principle (equality).
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheCitizenAct
It doesn't make you a special snowflake

I am aware. :smile:
Original post by evalilyXOX
completely agree with the OP. As a female, I do believe in the idea of equality, but the feminists are giving the rest of us a bad name. They are actually placing women above men which is not improving the situation.

Mm, no they're not.
Original post by ivybridge

My response was on the fact that she calls herself a feminist ''everyday''.

Maybe you should work on your comprehension skills?
(edited 8 years ago)
My response was on the fact that she tells people she's a feminist ''everyday''.

Maybe you should work on your comprehension skills?

Yes, I am aware - point, still?

Nope, I got it the first time round you pretentious weasel.

Quick Reply

Latest