The Student Room Group

NOW OPEN: TSR Blogging Forum!

Scroll to see replies

:undefined:ahee this looks fun :woo: do we have to only write about one thing or can I write about EVERYTHING?
Original post by IFoundWonderland
:ahee: this looks fun :woo: do we have to only write about one thing or can I write about EVERYTHING?

You can write as many as you want and about what you want! I believe the idea is that if you want to write multiple blogs that you keep it all in one thread (and post them separately) so like "IFoundWonderland's *insert creative/witty phrase here* blog!", and then post new blogs as different posts as and when you wish :h:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
You can write as many as you want and about what you want! I believe the idea is that if you want to write multiple blogs that you keep it all in one thread (and post them separately) so like "IFoundWonderland's *insert creative/witty phrase here* blog!", and then post new blogs as different posts as and when you wish :h:

I am totally up for this :h: when will it launch?
Sure. Might create a blog about my secret life as a stripper x
Original post by BurstingBubbles
If I was part of the CT I would be able to have a say in this but, alas, I am not - plus it wouldn't sit in Community where I am a Support Team member. Talking to the CT regarding this would be the better idea, so I've quoted them into your thread, I hope that will help :h:

Thank you :smile:
Original post by IFoundWonderland
I am totally up for this :h: when will it launch?

I think the plan is for this week or next, but I'll find out from the Community Team! Keep an eye out for it :biggrin:
Original post by acupofgreentea
This sounds great! Can't wait. :biggrin:

Just a question - if you start university in September, would you have to switch over to the Freshers' Blogs section?

Not if you didn't want to. If you've already started up a blog in the new blogs forum and it's become established in there, it would make sense to leave it in that space. But you're more than welcome to run more than one!
Original post by lustawny
Proof of that?

If it's a case of making a new forum on the basis that users will begin to start using it over time, then why not try my forum idea?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3621397

I personally think a science forum would be quite popular on here, and it would also be handy to have science-related threads all in one place.

We've got two thriving blogging forums already, but these are focused on very specific areas (fitness and freshers). Given the success of those, we think a forum where people can blog about all their interests could work really well. Of course, we won't know until it's up and running - but if we give it a go, we'll find out.

I think a popular science forum sounds like something that could be a great fit on TSR. I'll drop you a PM about it to discuss further, so we don't take things OT here.
Original post by shooks
We've got two thriving blogging forums already, but these are focused on very specific areas (fitness and freshers). Given the success of those, we think a forum where people can blog about all their interests could work really well. Of course, we won't know until it's up and running - but if we give it a go, we'll find out.

I think a popular science forum sounds like something that could be a great fit on TSR. I'll drop you a PM about it to discuss further, so we don't take things OT here.

Any idea of a date? I was kidding about the stripping blog but I do have an idea which I'm bursting to write about (I'm sure I'll run into writers block soon enough).
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Any idea of a date? I was kidding about the stripping blog but I do have an idea which I'm bursting to write about (I'm sure I'll run into writers block soon enough).

We're going to put it live today. Brilliant to hear you've got a blog idea already - I'll tag you in as soon as it's up and running.
Original post by shooks
Not if you didn't want to. If you've already started up a blog in the new blogs forum and it's become established in there, it would make sense to leave it in that space. But you're more than welcome to run more than one!

Ah, OK! :biggrin: Thanks!
Hi folks,
This forum has just this minute gone live in the Community section. We'll be doing all the promo on it from tomorrow - with links on the homepage and in the TSR Times newsletter, so I guess you can consider this the soft launch.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1297

So if you're at a loose end this evening...how about starting a blog? :wink:

@Black Rose
@Ser Alex Toyne
@Andy98
@abruiseonthesky
@acupofgreentea
@Kvothe the arcane
@BurstingBubbles
@IFoundWonderland
Original post by shooks
Hi folks,
This forum has just this minute gone live in the Community section. We'll be doing all the promo on it from tomorrow - with links on the homepage and in the TSR Times newsletter, so I guess you can consider this the soft launch.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1297

So if you're at a loose end this evening...how about starting a blog? :wink:

Yay! How exciting! Get blogging, all! :woo:
Hmmmm, a blog on my Horus Heresy Legion perhaps...
Reply 34
Hokay, started mine :colone:
Reply 35
Original post by Andy98
Hokay, started mine :colone:

OK

Quick Reply

Latest