The Student Room Group

University Take Two

Scroll to see replies

The last couple of days have been a total whirlwind. Last time we 'spoke' I had received two offers from Heriot Watt. The first stated that I would get first year entry based on a 'conditional offer'. I assumed this would be based around my resit in the Summer but I was wrong. They've based the offer on my grades at University this year. Whilst the offer is very reasonable and definitely achievable, it has sort of put a dent in my plans to drop out after Easter.. Fortunately, I hadn't given up on any assignments just yet so my grades are still above par :smile:

So the new plan is, I'm going to stay on at University until May 20th. That's the day of my last official class and after that we're on study break. I have one exam and that's on June 1st so I plan on flying back down for the day, sitting the paper, and then flying home. Fortunately the exam is in the afternoon so getting to Uni from the airport in good time shouldn't be a problem. After that my deadlines to worry about are June 8th, June 20th, and June 24th, which are my M1, C3, and C4 exams( respectively.

As you know I've been steaming through C3 and C4 to the point where I'm now doing regular past papers for both. I'm averaging an A on C3 and a B on C4. I'm hoping that in the Easter holidays I can start doing the Solomon press papers (they're supposed to be harder) to give myself that extra boost. I'm also expecting to start Mechanics during the Easter holidays. I would start it now but I have a lot going on with University work. I might read over notes and look at questions but it will be very informal revision until the Easter holidays.

I'm going to spend today uploading my revision timetable as well. I have a month by month calender that outlines my life (Uni lectures, seminars, assignments, sports commitments, family stuff etc.) and I'm going to use that to make Week by Week study plans. If I stick to it then I should be very prepared for the exams in the Summer.
I've attached my Schedule for this Week.
I'll aim to upload each weeks schedule either the Sunday evening or the Monday morning.
I've decided to create my schedules on a weekly basis due to my ever changing timetable (some weeks I have more lectures than others) and so that I can see how much I've got on each week before deciding how much I intend to do; this way I don't put too much pressure on myself or overwork myself.
It is possible that I'll be able to do more in certain weeks than others.
I've also decided to keep track of all my grades in a more official way. I have created a spread sheet that will calculate my percentage for all papers and can also represent them graphically. This way I'll be able to identify my average and any possible areas where I may be struggling. I'll upload a copy when I've entered more marks!
So far I have kept to my schedule really well. I've done all the past papers on them and attended all my classes. I'll post my marks at the end of the week when I've posted my new schedule!
It's been a really long week and I can feel it starting to catch up to me so it's possible that my motivation might deteriorate slightly. BUT I'm hoping that a bit of a lie in tomorrow and an early night tonight will get me refreshed and ready to keep going! Only a week and a bit left until the holidays!!
So my week, as usual, has been pretty hectic.
I had hoped to upload my schedule on Monday but my internet has been down (which has been a nightmare) but I'm upoading it now.
I'm not doing any C4 this week simply because I am absolutely swamped with deadlines and I felt it would be more efficient to concentrate on one topic rather than getting jumbled up between them.
Next week I'm away in Portugal and I'm taking what I feel to be a well deserved break from revision (risky...) but will then be in full throttle after that week.
I'm hoping that by the time I go back to uni (April 10th) I'll more or less have M1 covered...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending