The Student Room Group

Should I revise ALL the topics?

For AS politics I was advised to revise only three out of the four topics for my exam. However, this year for A2 no one said anything about skipping a topic. Looking at the past papers, for the 15 markers all the topics are covered most of the time, and for the 40 markers three out of four of the topics are covered. So if I only revise three, but in depth, then I will definitely still have a variety to choose from (albeit, a more narrow variety). Should I do it? My spec is edexcel.
Original post by ZHguy
For AS politics I was advised to revise only three out of the four topics for my exam. However, this year for A2 no one said anything about skipping a topic. Looking at the past papers, for the 15 markers all the topics are covered most of the time, and for the 40 markers three out of four of the topics are covered. So if I only revise three, but in depth, then I will definitely still have a variety to choose from (albeit, a more narrow variety). Should I do it? My spec is edexcel.

hi. im with edexcel too. what did you get at AS? for unit 1 and 2, is it safe to just study 2 out of 4 topics? What did your teacher actually say? i've been advised by the others on this forum to not study only 2 topics. I'm on the fast track A levels. are you doing AS or A2? I'm doing the america choices for A2.
Reply 2
Original post by Audrey18
hi. im with edexcel too. what did you get at AS? for unit 1 and 2, is it safe to just study 2 out of 4 topics? What did your teacher actually say? i've been advised by the others on this forum to not study only 2 topics. I'm on the fast track A levels. are you doing AS or A2? I'm doing the america choices for A2.

I can only tell you what I know. My teachers strongly advised that I revise at least or only three topics. Two topics was not an option for them. But it varies according to teacher, so just ask yours. I'm doing A2
I tried doing just three for my mock but in hindsight perhaps I shouldn't have neglected from studying all of the ideologies. :sad:
What if a question that completely evades your mind comes up and you're forced to answer it? That would be a nightmare! I suppose you could do just three provided you're extremely confident and feel you have no tangible gaps in your knowledge, but it might be a good idea to look over the fourth just as an insurance. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending