The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

Scroll to see replies

Graduates of the London Met are automatically granted an audicence with the Queen, the Pope and the Dalai Lama. ( You just flash your London Met card and give the secret hand shake and you are in )

London Met has produced more Nobel Laureates than Cambridge.
It has a bigger budget than Harvard.
It has smarter students than Princeton.
And better faculty than Oxford

High level parties from Oxford and Harvard have gone to the London Met to learn the secret to London Met's spectacular success.

London Met ! The destination of choice for the super brilliant with 6 or more A levels.
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Reply 41
lol
Reply 42
Ermm..okay :p:
Can you please tell me know hows the North London Campus in terms of surroundings?
Heard the area is not that safe?
:confused:
Reply 44
harleen.chawla

No it's not very safe, but if you are aware of your surroundings and keep your head down (LOL) you should be fine.
harleen.chawla
Can you please tell me know hows the North London Campus in terms of surroundings?

hardly anywhere in london is safe.
Reply 46
Holloway Road isn't that bad. Just don't do anything stupid or look at anyone for too long with a weird stare and you'll be fine.

And don't use your phone either.

Or listen to your iPod / mp3 player
tiempo
Holloway Road isn't that bad. Just don't do anything stupid or look at anyone for too long with a weird stare and you'll be fine.

And don't use your phone either.

Or listen to your iPod / mp3 player

Or carry a purse/handbag.
Or show any money in public.
ok i am going to have 2 admit that i am getting seriously worried now! ive applied 2 london met 4 this year and have put it as my main choice so it looks like i will be attending as of september...but after reading this i'm starting 2 hate the fact that no1 could give me any advice previously as to what unis are good in london! i want to study music and media management and just got my IB with 29 point so i thought the met would be perfect but somehow this thread has REAAALLLLY put me off my university to be.....HELP!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!
Reply 49
Joss Miranda
ok i am going to have 2 admit that i am getting seriously worried now! ive applied 2 london met 4 this year and have put it as my main choice so it looks like i will be attending as of september...but after reading this i'm starting 2 hate the fact that no1 could give me any advice previously as to what unis are good in london! i want to study music and media management and just got my IB with 29 point so i thought the met would be perfect but somehow this thread has REAAALLLLY put me off my university to be.....HELP!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!

You could ask London Met what careers their Music and Media Management students go into (specific job titles and names of companies, not just a generalisation). If you are unhappy, check whether you could at this point withdraw from your offer, or ask London Met to release you. When they release you, apply through Clearing to other unis (or UCAS Extra if you can still apply through them). If 29 IB points is approximately BBC/BCC grades at A2 level (or 260-280 points), the course you have applied to at London Met asks for considerably lower than that (160-200 points inc. at least 140 from 2 or more A levels). You should be able to get into a better uni, but if all else fails this year, you could always apply next year. Better to be on a good course at a good uni that is right for you, rather than start a course that is not suitable.
Thank you so much!!!!! You have no idea how reassuring it is 2 get a reply! =D I think i might look into clearing and see if i get any better offers. I'm not sure how it all works but was also told today that it is always possible to transfer to a different uni. I guess even if i start at met i can see how it goes from there. thank you so much!
Reply 51
Its generally quite difficult to transfer from a "lower ranked" uni in terms of points to a higher ranked one unless you get a good 1st in your 1st year so if i were u id try to go through clearing, its not as much hassle as you think and you could get into a much more suitable uni. i know this cos a friend of mine tried it from leicester to kings and failed.
Reply 52
Well different unis suit different people; you might find it great there, who knows?
Reply 53
If you want to stay in London and you have AAAA at A level, you really should be looking at UoL colleges, not London Met.
Reply 54
Tomber
If you want to stay in London and you have AAAA at A level, you really should be looking at UoL colleges, not London Met.

Indeed or even places like City or Brunel.
Reply 55
akmd
Indeed or even places like City or Brunel.

Yeah for particular courses certainly.
^^^ or more like UCL or Imperial (and KCL)
Reply 57
hermaphrodite
^^^ or more like UCL or Imperial (and KCL)

Depending on your grades. :smile:
Reply 58
Forget Strand poly "KCL" with AAAA you should get into UCL/ LSE/ Imperial
what was KCL before

Latest

Trending

Trending