The Student Room Group

Messed up my chemistry A2 prac exam

This year for A2 I have 2 prac exams, and I started one of them today. At the END of the 2 hours I realised that I measured one of the solids wrong right from the beginning which will ultimately affect all of my results.
I spoke to my teacher who said we don't have time to redo it and he said I'll probably lose 1-2 marks as my yield will be off, but am I not going to lose marks for my titration and ratio in my calculations being wrong ? :frown: confused.
I feel miserable as I need an A this year and I can't believe I've messed up on something so little :frown:
I still have my other Chemistry prac to do which I can hopefully not mess up, and the titration to do and the booklet to fill in for the one I did mess up - I just hope that this doesn't lower my grade in my practical too much. :frown:

Can anyone tell me anything to make me feel better? lol:redface:
Original post by sumeyyatontus
This year for A2 I have 2 prac exams, and I started one of them today. At the END of the 2 hours I realised that I measured one of the solids wrong right from the beginning which will ultimately affect all of my results.
I spoke to my teacher who said we don't have time to redo it and he said I'll probably lose 1-2 marks as my yield will be off, but am I not going to lose marks for my titration and ratio in my calculations being wrong ? :frown: confused.
I feel miserable as I need an A this year and I can't believe I've messed up on something so little :frown:
I still have my other Chemistry prac to do which I can hopefully not mess up, and the titration to do and the booklet to fill in for the one I did mess up - I just hope that this doesn't lower my grade in my practical too much. :frown:

Can anyone tell me anything to make me feel better? lol:redface:

Don't worry, as you have another one left try your hardest in that one.
I am kind of in the same situation.
Reply 2
Original post by underestimate
Don't worry, as you have another one left try your hardest in that one.
I am kind of in the same situation.

I'm trying not to worry but I just feel like I've totally messed up :cry2:
What situation are you in??

Quick Reply

Latest