Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
id like to know too :biggrin:, also how early did u start revising on ur AS's
Reply 2
bout 30 mins weekdays

2 hr per day weekends

but i was lazy :biggrin:
Reply 3
Well I did some revision for my biology during the easter hols and I had to revise my french aurals I did some maths but that's all I've done so far.
My c1 and c2 maths are 2 weeks yesterday
Reply 4
I tend to do absolutely feck all, then just absolutely loads. Probably not the best way of working but it's the only way I know how to do it! Tonight and yesterday for example, I've done nothin and I've got a fair bit to do, but I'm givin myself some time off after having worked my ass off doing language coursework and orals. Just depends on the kind of person you are, I work better under pressure, can usually get more done and I'm generally more focused. I started revisin for my AS's about a week before they started and I then worked really hard but the way my subjects are (english lang, spanish, french and general studies) english is my only subject where there's theory stuff to learn, as the languages are just learnin past essays. So its whatever works best for you really x
Reply 5
Ok not answered your q at all but there you go, a nice little essay about my life for you to read! x
Reply 6
I do around 3-4 hours revision each day atm.
Just the classwork and past papers right now. Revision starts in a week's time.
Reply 8
I didn't do much work last year OR this year. I've handed in a couple of computing homeworks, usually I don't bother. I do about half the homeworks set from one teacher, none from the other teacher. I pretty much always do psychology, but we hardly ever have anything set. The only thing I spent a lot of time on was graphics coursework. :P

I don't start revising till maybe 3 or 4 days before the exam. First exam is 5th June, I'll probably start revising around the 1st I guess. Maybe later.
Reply 9
^ You're mad..
Reply 10
Nothing.

I intend on doing 3 or so hours a day, I just never get round to it.
Throughout the year, I just did my homework, which I suppose took on average 2 hours a day during the week and about 3-4 over the weekend. I started revising around the beginning of May, I think, and I probably did about 2 hours a day during the week (no study leave) and about 4 hours a day at weekends. I had the advantage of doing 2 very light revision subjects though- French and English lit. So I only really revised for sociology and history, and all of my exams except history were before half term, so I had a week to focus on just that.
Reply 12
hardly did any for AS, i mostly revised like a week before each exam i think, made revision notes etc during those periods and wall charts and just learnt them. If only i had revised more before hand, i could have better! And some things i just fluked :biggrin: But yeh i never know how many hours i do. I got my first exams 22nd may, 3 resits, i havent started revising as yet, will do thou by the end off the week, properly i hope! im too lazy! Had and end of unit test today, i didnt know anything but somehow managed to think of things off of the top of my head, didnt revise for it at all though!
Reply 13
Bugger all. Revised the day before the exam for one subject. Hardly ever did homework. I'm not bragging or anything, just reassuring you that hours and hours of work daily isn't strictly necessary for good grades.
Reply 14
I did insufficient. Still, I got mostly decent grades at AS - my level of revision was basically nil.
Reply 15
tbh i found the only say i could actualyy revise last year, was by having notes on the floor, and watching my wife and kids..didnt work out to bad :smile:
Umm. I haven't started revising yet.

Throughout the year. I never did my psychology homework. I did about an hours english lit a week (more when I had the coursework), 40 minutes History and 30 minutes maths a week.. I would generally write my history essays on the bus and just not bother with maths at all.. The 30 minutes was usually spent copying someone elses work.

Now.. I'm doing about 2 hours worth of past papers for maths a week. An hour for History. 40 minutes for english lit. And still nothing for psychology. I'm going to start revision umm, probably not this weekend but the weekend after.. and i'll probably only do an hours worth lol.

My exams start next friday, then I have exams monday, tuesday and friday.. I am so screwed.
I didn't do much work last year at all, i did about one hour at home, and probably about 2 hours during the whole weekened. Though we did have a lot of private study, so got some work done at school everyday. I was lazy though, didn't really start to seriously revise for AS chemistry until the night before the exam :eek: which was a big mistake since this year chemistry is almost incomprehensible, a total contrast to last year so now i have the extra burden of resits:frown:.
I only started revising around Easter time, and until then the only work I did at home was homework/coursework and my coursework for ICT. I didn't really spend much time working or 'learning' because I couldn't be arsed. ATM, I revise for about 2-3 hours a night and of course I've got the school day - at the weekend I'll get about 4-5 hours revision done, if I can be bothered to work. As I usually am in bed till gone 2.
uk_chip
id like to know too :biggrin:, also how early did u start revising on ur AS's

I did it like few weeks before, but you should start 2 months before. Not many people listen to that, the ones do get As, the ones don't get Cs.

Latest

Trending

Trending