The Student Room Group

Working full time & doing A levels alone

Hi, I'm retaking two of my A levels in bio and chem this year privately but I'm also working 6 days a week ( day starts from 1pm-10:30pm). I'm doing it all alone with no tutor or support and using the revision materials from my sixth form last year (I'm 18), which are just class notes. I need AA for uni and got CC last time. Any tips on how to manage revision or any recommended resources for OCR bio and chem? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Biochem&cake
Hi, I'm retaking two of my A levels in bio and chem this year privately but I'm also working 6 days a week ( day starts from 1pm-10:30pm). I'm doing it all alone with no tutor or support and using the revision materials from my sixth form last year (I'm 18), which are just class notes. I need AA for uni and got CC last time. Any tips on how to manage revision or any recommended resources for OCR bio and chem? Thanks :smile:

Hi! I'm not much help as I don't do the subjects (I'm mainly trying to boost this) but I do suggest trying to make a timetable to organise how much work you expect to get done in a week, and how much in a day, so you keep on top of things. I do suggest getting the textbooks for the subject as I'll assume they'll be a massive help in reviewing and relearning the content. I'm pretty sure there will be lots of YouTube videos out there that can help support and explain over concepts you won't understand. Wish you the best of luck!
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi! I'm not much help as I don't do the subjects (I'm mainly trying to boost this) but I do suggest trying to make a timetable to organise how much work you expect to get done in a week, and how much in a day, so you keep on top of things. I do suggest getting the textbooks for the subject as I'll assume they'll be a massive help in reviewing and relearning the content. I'm pretty sure there will be lots of YouTube videos out there that can help support and explain over concepts you won't understand. Wish you the best of luck!
Thank you for replying :smile:

I have started to watch YouTube videos to go over content and then I plan to do past papers, but I'm still trying to figure out a good schedule :/ The absolute joys of A levels
Thank you for replying :smile:
I have started to watch YouTube videos to go over content and then I plan to do past papers, but I'm still trying to figure out a good schedule :/ The absolute joys of A levels

Yeah I understand that. But honestly, a massive well done to you, because I know I'd be so tired and slummed to even think about doing work on my day off and after work. So honestly, a big good luck to you
omg...don't do this to yourself unless you have to...i would personally study on the bus, in the mornings, repeat what you know as you're getting ready. but honestly, i'm quitting my job like one month before my first exams, and it's only part time. good luck biochem and cake
Original post by attentionfarmer0
omg...don't do this to yourself unless you have to...i would personally study on the bus, in the mornings, repeat what you know as you're getting ready. but honestly, i'm quitting my job like one month before my first exams, and it's only part time. good luck biochem and cake
Thank you! Unfortunately I do have to work (personal circumstances but it is what it is) so I just have to have faith and power through it. But thanks a lot for everyone's support and replies :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending