The Student Room Group

University Challenge thread

I tend to pride myself on my general knowledge yet I am dumbfounded by some of these questions, although I have a trick to just randomly say Tchaikovsky or Chopin in the classical music rounds. How many questions do you tend to get right?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dinasaurus
I tend to pride myself on my general knowledge yet I am dumbfounded by some of these questions, although I have a trick to just randomly say Tchaikovsky or Chopin in the classical music rounds. How many questions do you tend to get right?

I'm on 13 during this episode and it's not even over. :h:
Literally like 1 if I'm lucky lol
Reply 3
Original post by Ethereal World
I'm on 13 during this episode and it's not even over. :h:

I sadly missed the start due to a damn windows update, watching on iPlayer now though.

Wow 13's pretty impressive
Enough to realise that I should stop trying and just enjoy the show :rofl:
I sadly missed the start due to a damn windows update, watching on iPlayer now though.

Wow 13's pretty impressive

There's been a few biology ones. That includes starters and the five pointers as well. Normally it's about 10 I would say.
Reply 6
Enough to question whether its actually a good idea to go back to uni to study a masters :frown:
Original post by Student403

That moment when you rep to see if you can rep and you can and then you waste rep on an average comment. :colonhash:
About a third.
That moment when you rep to see if you can rep and you can and then you waste rep on an average comment. :colonhash:

Erm thanks :rofl:
Erm thanks :rofl:

It's not like it was bad. But that is going to restrict me from repping genuine Spider-Man gold.
It's not like it was bad. But that is going to restrict me from repping genuine Spider-Man gold.

Nice save ahahah thank you :wink:
Reply 12
Less than zero, such is my general knowledge
There's been a few biology ones. That includes starters and the five pointers as well. Normally it's about 10 I would say.

Managed 16 this time, the Biology ones were pretty easy. Pretty decent.

Lucked out on the last question cause my mate goes to Lancaster Uni and one of the colleges is called Bowland.
Managed 16 this time, the Biology ones were pretty easy. Pretty decent.

Lucked out on the last question cause my mate goes to Lancaster Uni and one of the colleges is called Bowland.

I got 16 as well.

:five:
I got 16 as well.

:five:

I have a knack for never getting any of the picture questions right however
Depends on the subjects. The science ones tend to be easier, but if there's loads of classics, I'm out of my depth.

The enjoyment comes from competing with the contesters and thinking to yourself, 'I should be on the show not this lot' when you answer correctly and they don't, and thinking 'nerdddddd' when you get something wrong which they get correct.

That and being in awe when someone answers a question before Paxo's even finished reading it.

Original post by Quantex
Depends on the subjects. The science ones tend to be easier, but if there's loads of classics, I'm out of my depth.

I've found that I've started being able to get pretty close based on the period and country of origin despite having never read many classics, like tonight I had an inkling it was a Jane Austen character sadly having never read the book I couldn't name the character.

Tolstoy is a regular if it is about Russian literature, etc.
(edited 8 years ago)
The enjoyment comes from competing with the contesters and thinking to yourself, 'I should be on the show not this lot' when you answer correctly and they don't, and thinking 'nerdddddd' when you get something wrong which they get correct.

That and being in awe when someone answers a question before Paxo's even finished reading it.

Yeah lol I remember this episode where this guy from Imperial kept doing that and in my head I kept going "OHHHH"
Original post by Quantex

You're always out of your depth mate.

Quick Reply

Latest