Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by jixi28
A dress and a blazer too! Haha it's going to be so cold

Awesome! Will probably see you there. Hopefully it wont be too bad :P
Reply 21
Original post by Hanya Pouncey
Awesome! Will probably see you there. Hopefully it wont be too bad :P

Yeah, and hopefully we'll find out about the timings!
Reply 22
Original post by jixi28
Yeah, and hopefully we'll find out about the timings!

Tbh I get the feeling our rota will change each week
Reply 23
I gotta ask this, do you actually get to see the Queen? I know it's a silly question, but imagine bumping into the Queen while she's in her pjs carrying a bowl of cereal, like "hey don't mind me" :eek4:
Reply 24
Original post by Gurs
I gotta ask this, do you actually get to see the Queen? I know it's a silly question, but imagine bumping into the Queen while she's in her pjs carrying a bowl of cereal, like "hey don't mind me" :eek4:

I honestly doubt the Queen is going to be rolling up on the shop floor in her pjs.
Reply 25
I honestly doubt the Queen is going to be rolling up on the shop floor in her pjs.

It was a joke, you fruitcake.
Reply 26
Original post by Gurs
It was a joke, you fruitcake.

Lol i know that, you hot cross bun. Sarcasm is hard to emit by text :tongue: are you working at the palace this year?
Reply 27
Lol i know that, you hot cross bun. Sarcasm is hard to emit by text :tongue: are you working at the palace this year?

:h: No, I wish. The title just interested me. Good luck with the job, give Her Majesty a fist bump for me if you ever do bump into her
Awesomesss! Yeah, perhaps a skirt and blazer. Wbu?

hey, I've got the party on friday? what was everyone wearing :smile: in a bit of a panic!!
Reply 29
Original post by amypercy123
hey, I've got the party on friday? what was everyone wearing :smile: in a bit of a panic!!

Ooh have fun! Dont worry about it honestly, people went from smart to casual but I'd suggest to opt for smart :smile: when do you start?
Reply 30
This year? Anyone?
Original post by Isabel24
Anyone else applied this year or done it previously that would like to share their experiences: what the interview is like - whether they ask the general customer service questions (I applied for retail) or specific questions about the palace as well, whether you enjoyed it and how flexible they are with the start and end times of the contract?

Thanks

Working for the palace is just the worst. The pay is absolutely appalling, you're expected to constantly scrape and bow and debase yourself in front of horse-faced inbreds, you're often expected to live at a special Buck House halls of residence they have for the servants (and you have to sign your guests in).

Apparently the royals make up somewhat for the awful pay by giving their staff expensive gifts at Christmas time, and if you rise high enough you might get a knighthood in the Royal Victorian Order, but at that point you've already given the best years of your life.
I had my interview to be a summer warden 2 weeks ago, still not head back!
Reply 33
I had mine this week...
Original post by Ninnei
I had mine this week...

did they say when you would hear back?
Reply 35
No... Have you heard anything?
Yep me, I'm going to the welcome party on Friday the 26th 😶😊
Reply 37
I got the invitation too but I can't make it :frown:
What was the interview like?

Quick Reply