Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jixi28)
    A dress and a blazer too! Haha it's going to be so cold
    Awesome! Will probably see you there. Hopefully it wont be too bad :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanya Pouncey)
    Awesome! Will probably see you there. Hopefully it wont be too bad :P
    Yeah, and hopefully we'll find out about the timings!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jixi28)
    Yeah, and hopefully we'll find out about the timings!
    Tbh I get the feeling our rota will change each week

ReputationRep:
    I gotta ask this, do you actually get to see the Queen? I know it's a silly question, but imagine bumping into the Queen while she's in her pjs carrying a bowl of cereal, like "hey don't mind me" :eek4:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gurs)
    I gotta ask this, do you actually get to see the Queen? I know it's a silly question, but imagine bumping into the Queen while she's in her pjs carrying a bowl of cereal, like "hey don't mind me" :eek4:
    I honestly doubt the Queen is going to be rolling up on the shop floor in her pjs.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly doubt the Queen is going to be rolling up on the shop floor in her pjs.
    It was a joke, you fruitcake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gurs)
    It was a joke, you fruitcake.
    Lol i know that, you hot cross bun. Sarcasm is hard to emit by text are you working at the palace this year?

ReputationRep:
    Lol i know that, you hot cross bun. Sarcasm is hard to emit by text are you working at the palace this year?
    No, I wish. The title just interested me. Good luck with the job, give Her Majesty a fist bump for me if you ever do bump into her

ReputationRep:
    Awesomesss! Yeah, perhaps a skirt and blazer. Wbu?
    hey, I've got the party on friday? what was everyone wearing in a bit of a panic!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amypercy123)
    hey, I've got the party on friday? what was everyone wearing in a bit of a panic!!
    Ooh have fun! Dont worry about it honestly, people went from smart to casual but I'd suggest to opt for smart when do you start?

ReputationRep:
    This year? Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isabel24)
    Anyone else applied this year or done it previously that would like to share their experiences: what the interview is like - whether they ask the general customer service questions (I applied for retail) or specific questions about the palace as well, whether you enjoyed it and how flexible they are with the start and end times of the contract?

Thanks
    Working for the palace is just the worst. The pay is absolutely appalling, you're expected to constantly scrape and bow and debase yourself in front of horse-faced inbreds, you're often expected to live at a special Buck House halls of residence they have for the servants (and you have to sign your guests in).

Apparently the royals make up somewhat for the awful pay by giving their staff expensive gifts at Christmas time, and if you rise high enough you might get a knighthood in the Royal Victorian Order, but at that point you've already given the best years of your life.

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview to be a summer warden 2 weeks ago, still not head back!

ReputationRep:
    I had mine this week...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninnei)
    I had mine this week...
    did they say when you would hear back?

ReputationRep:
    No... Have you heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    Yep me, I'm going to the welcome party on Friday the 26th 😶😊

ReputationRep:
    I got the invitation too but I can't make it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.