The Student Room Group

University of Buckingham A100 January 2022 entry

Hi there, thanks for checking out this thread. This is the 2022 Entry discussion for the University of Buckingham.

We're now onto the 2023 application cycle, you can find the 2023 thread here. And the offer holders thread here.

Of course, you are still welcome to browse this thread as well, but please post in the 2023 one if you have questions about Bucks. :biggrin:

Welcome to the Buckingham A100 (January) 2022 entry discussion.

Buckingham A100 (January) 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6389540

For general information click: https://www.buckingham.ac.uk/medicine/undergrad/mbchb

For entry requirements click: https://www.buckingham.ac.uk/medicine/undergrad/mbchb#entry-info-link

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

If many students are deferring to 2022, I wonder what will happen to the students applying this year for 2022? Will there be place left for new students next year???
Hi All,
I am a 1st class biomed degree holder. I am planning to apply to Buckingham in 2022 as I don't want to sit for UKCAT. My parents are planning to support me but I want to find out if we can get any student loan or NHS bursary for buckingham
Reply 3
Original post by MatStudent1120
...I want to find out if we can get any student loan or NHS bursary for buckingham

No and no.

so it's 100% self funding?
Reply 5
so it's 100% self funding?

Yes, it's a private medical school. No government involvement (except being regulated by the GMC) at all.

There's a reason why they don't need the UCAT - not everyone can afford it, that's why.

But if your parents can afford, then why not?

(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Faxstudent
If many students are deferring to 2022, I wonder what will happen to the students applying this year for 2022? Will there be place left for new students next year???

I agree. I would like to have some clarification on this too!
Reply 7
Hey . international student here. got an interview for march 11th. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by motivbation
I agree. I would like to have some clarification on this too!

I'm pretty sure they have quite a few places left.
Reply 9
Original post by himanshu0000000

When did you apply to Buckingham?
Original post by nangsaw
When did you apply to Buckingham?

7th December
I submitted my buckingham application yesterday for january 2022 start... is this considered too late?
When should I expect an Interview invite?
Reply 12
Original post by lebronto3011
I submitted my buckingham application yesterday for january 2022 start... is this considered too late?
When should I expect an Interview invite?

No, it’s not late at all. The deadline for 2022 applications isn’t until around the last quarter of the year. Not 100% sure about the standard time for informing applicants about interviews but it shouldn’t take too long as long as your reference is complete and you have provided all necessary information.
Reply 13
Hi All,
I am a 1st class biomed degree holder. I am planning to apply to Buckingham in 2022 as I don't want to sit for UKCAT. My parents are planning to support me but I want to find out if we can get any student loan or NHS bursary for buckingham

Ecolier is partially right, but just to add - Students can actually get student finance tuition loan towards tuition fees for this course but it will be capped at around £6250 or so per year (which is obviously a tiny chunk of the yearly fees😂).

However, since you are a graduate, you can’t get any student finance tuition loan towards this course as it isn’t a graduate course. You can still get a maintenance loan though, if you’re eligible to receive that.

I’ve just started at this Med school (and I’m a grad) so I discussed all of this with student finance when I was applying.
Reply 14

How long did it take for you to receive an interview?
International student here! I just received an invitation for an interview last Tuesday. Also on the 11th of March :smile:
Applied in early December.
Reply 16
Original post by bubbleteamaniac
International student here! I just received an invitation for an interview last Tuesday. Also on the 11th of March :smile:
Applied in early December.

Did the university contact your referee, because I applied in mid-December and my referee hasn't heard from them yet?

how was your ib score or your a-levels?
Original post by MM1245
Did the university contact your referee, because I applied in mid-December and my referee hasn't heard from them yet?

same :smile:
Original post by MM1245

The university usually sends an email to the email address provided by you in your application. If you have given the email address of your referee that's probably where you expect them to contact you. I received an interview call on 11th March too, the email was sent on the address given on my application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending