ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago

Welcome to the Buckingham A100 (January) 2022 entry discussion.

Buckingham A100 (January) 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6389540

For general information click: https://www.buckingham.ac.uk/medicine/undergrad/mbchb

For entry requirements click: https://www.buckingham.ac.uk/medicin...ntry-info-link

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Last edited by ecolier; 10 months ago
Faxstudent
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
If many students are deferring to 2022, I wonder what will happen to the students applying this year for 2022? Will there be place left for new students next year???
MatStudent1120
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hi All,
I am a 1st class biomed degree holder. I am planning to apply to Buckingham in 2022 as I don't want to sit for UKCAT. My parents are planning to support me but I want to find out if we can get any student loan or NHS bursary for buckingham
ecolier
Rep:
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by MatStudent1120)
...I want to find out if we can get any student loan or NHS bursary for buckingham
No and no.
MatStudent1120
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by ecolier)
No and no.
so it's 100% self funding?
ecolier
Rep:
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
so it's 100% self funding?
Yes, it's a private medical school. No government involvement (except being regulated by the GMC) at all.

There's a reason why they don't need the UCAT - not everyone can afford it, that's why.

But if your parents can afford, then why not?
Last edited by ecolier; 10 months ago
motivbation
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Faxstudent)
If many students are deferring to 2022, I wonder what will happen to the students applying this year for 2022? Will there be place left for new students next year???
I agree. I would like to have some clarification on this too!
himstarr
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hey . international student here. got an interview for march 11th.
himstarr
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by motivbation)
I agree. I would like to have some clarification on this too!
I'm pretty sure they have quite a few places left.
nangsaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by himanshu0000000)
When did you apply to Buckingham?
himstarr
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by nangsaw)
When did you apply to Buckingham?
7th December
lebronto3011
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
I submitted my buckingham application yesterday for january 2022 start... is this considered too late?
When should I expect an Interview invite?
Mina_xo
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by lebronto3011)
I submitted my buckingham application yesterday for january 2022 start... is this considered too late?
When should I expect an Interview invite?
No, it’s not late at all. The deadline for 2022 applications isn’t until around the last quarter of the year. Not 100% sure about the standard time for informing applicants about interviews but it shouldn’t take too long as long as your reference is complete and you have provided all necessary information.
Mina_xo
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hi All,
I am a 1st class biomed degree holder. I am planning to apply to Buckingham in 2022 as I don't want to sit for UKCAT. My parents are planning to support me but I want to find out if we can get any student loan or NHS bursary for buckingham
Ecolier is partially right, but just to add - Students can actually get student finance tuition loan towards tuition fees for this course but it will be capped at around £6250 or so per year (which is obviously a tiny chunk of the yearly fees😂).

However, since you are a graduate, you can’t get any student finance tuition loan towards this course as it isn’t a graduate course. You can still get a maintenance loan though, if you’re eligible to receive that.

I’ve just started at this Med school (and I’m a grad) so I discussed all of this with student finance when I was applying.
MM1245
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
How long did it take for you to receive an interview?
bubbleteamaniac
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
International student here! I just received an invitation for an interview last Tuesday. Also on the 11th of March
Applied in early December.
MM1245
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by bubbleteamaniac)
International student here! I just received an invitation for an interview last Tuesday. Also on the 11th of March
Applied in early December.
Did the university contact your referee, because I applied in mid-December and my referee hasn't heard from them yet?
nilmursit
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
how was your ib score or your a-levels?
nilmursit
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by MM1245)
Did the university contact your referee, because I applied in mid-December and my referee hasn't heard from them yet?
same
Bilkis Adnan
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by MM1245)
The university usually sends an email to the email address provided by you in your application. If you have given the email address of your referee that's probably where you expect them to contact you. I received an interview call on 11th March too, the email was sent on the address given on my application.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.29%
Okay (64)
29.49%
A bit lacking (81)
37.33%
Not good at all (54)
24.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed