The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4760
Omg I forgot there is an essay section as I was ill for the mock! 😱 is it big? And is it worth a lot of marks? Thanks for reminding me! 👍🏾
[QUOTE=philo-jitsu;65992147]Ah yeah i think theyre on the same days....and i revised biotech stuff a few weeks ago...but gonna have to learn literally everything else tomorrow...should be a fun day!

At least the essay part doesnt have to be just unit 5...i resat unit 2 so i think that will help with essay/synoptic stuff...but i find biology has so many hsw questions that its the easiest to blag
Original post by AW97
Omg I forgot there is an essay section as I was ill for the mock! 😱 is it big? And is it worth a lot of marks? Thanks for reminding me! 👍🏾

There might not be with your exam board...with ours its a 25 marker....but you get an option of 2 topics to write it on....to be honest its the easiest part
Reply 4762
Original post by AW97

The essay is worth 25% of the paper, so 25 marks + it depends what you consider big but we've been recommended to write 4 sides + spend around 35-40mins of the 2hrs 15 on it.
Reply 4763
Original post by philo-jitsu
There might not be with your exam board...with ours its a 25 marker....but you get an option of 2 topics to write it on....to be honest its the easiest part

I forgot about the option!
Original post by philo-jitsu
Well just gone rough unofficial mark scheme and did way worse than I thought for c3....messed up the first question by inexplicably multiplying the top and bottom of he bracket!?!??!

That's five marks gone ....probably got 60/75... Won't even be an A

Spent too much time revising the more difficult questions and then slipped up on the simple stuff....second uni choice it is then...damn it

60/75 is 80%, I don't know what exam you're doing but that's almost definitely an A, maybe an A*, unless it was a ridiculously easy exam.
Original post by AW97

We don't have an essay section in OCR bio :P that's the only relief they give us because otherwise it's an awful paper and it's worth 150 ums...
Did a past paper for chemistry, I always lose some marks in fuel cell questions, I just don't put the right words or construct a wrong equation for one electrode :frown: I quickly improve on this and do more practice for unstructured titration questions.
Reply 4767
Original post by Kamara7
Did a past paper for chemistry, I always lose some marks in fuel cell questions, I just don't put the right words or construct a wrong equation for one electrode :frown: I quickly improve on this and do more practice for unstructured titration questions.

what paper did u do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ranz
what paper did u do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jan 2011, the one with the hair perming XD
One more left. :woo: One last chance to show my potential. :redface:
Reading over the spec again to prioritise topics, then will get on with essay planning. :work:
Reply 4770
Original post by Kamara7
Jan 2011, the one with the hair perming XD

oh lol that one, ;(( hated that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AW97
Okay so far have learnt-ish protein synthesis and meiosis, next going to try and do all gene tech and bio tech 😴 gotta really blitz this so I can somehow do a c4 tonight! Sending best wishes to all 👏🏾

just sat down to do work on biol5 too; i need to be unbelievably focused but i really cant seem to be

dont even want to think about c4 after todays c3 paper lol
good luck
Reply 4772
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
We don't have an essay section in OCR bio :P that's the only relief they give us because otherwise it's an awful paper and it's worth 150 ums...

2 hours in an exam hall aswells
Reply 4773
Thanks to all who know there is no essay section for OCR, I genuinely had no idea :colondollar:. I'm seriously struggling to learn this stuff though, I have no focus...going to have a bath and hope I'll find some energy :angry:
Original post by Guls

Yeah it's too long, doing past papers does my head in.
Reply 4775
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
Yeah it's too long, doing past papers does my head in.

true but we have to power through.
Reply 4776
okay i did my final paper so quickly that i barely wrote any english. gonna jump in bed and read my notes to sleep.

Spoiler

Reply 4777
To do an all nighter or to not do an all nighter, that is the questionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
Reply 4778
Original post by Guls

But it never even feels like it's that long in the hall, always goes so fast.
Original post by Anon_98
To do an all nighter or to not do an all nighter, that is the questionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Do you know your content confidently? If it's a 2 hour exam then even a few hours of sleep might help cognition if you wake up early to revise? :redface:

I avoid all nighters... They may turn out disastrous, sleep is pretty much essential. :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending