The Student Room Group

stay or leave the EU?

What do you guys think we should do? I can't decide, personally.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

We're not 'joining'. It's stay or leave

I think we should stay
Big words from a 28 year old on the student room
i personally would think the advantages of being a member of the EU outweigh the disadvantages.
While Cameron is happy to allow the final word on European migrant open door policy being given by other countries other than Britain, I am voting out. If the Germans and Swedes want to fill their countries with economic migrants, OK, but not to fill Britain with this scum.
Original post by dozyrosie
While Cameron is happy to allow the final word on European migrant open door policy being given by other countries other than Britain, I am voting out. If the Germans and Swedes want to fill their countries with economic migrants, OK, but not to fill Britain with this scum.

The EU cannot decide how many refugees we take.

@OP - Stay
Reply 7
Original post by dozyrosie

Lol this is a perfect example.

Most of the people saying leave are people who have very little understanding of economics and the significant negative impact leaving would have on the UK, and are basically just racist/xenophobes who dont want to see any more foreigners in the country, so they're voting to leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SHallowvale
The EU cannot decide how many refugees we take.

@OP - Stay

Get real, once they have some EU country's citizenship they can come here legally.
Reply 9
Original post by Xysoo
Most of the people saying leave are people who have very little understanding of economics and the significant negative impact leaving would have on the UK, and are basically just racist/xenophobes who dont want to see any more foreigners in the country, so they're voting to leave.

Source?
Reply 10
Original post by Doug Stamper
What do you guys think we should do?

Leave
Original post by Xysoo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you any evidence all the leavers are racist? Then you must be making it up as you go. If you noticed I was talking about economic migrants, if these people registered in the country that they arrived in, I would have no problem, but they don't, they wait until they can get to some country that will bend over backward for them.
Did u know.. U.K. Spends 9 million or billion contributing to eu? Imagine those money solely spent in uk! Plus, fewer people will fly to uk to work here! Mean more jobs! Meanwhile, the relation with other Euro countries stays the same! NoNet loss. Only gain!

Posted from TSR Mobile
we'll be poorer, less sovereign and less democratic within the EU in the *long term* especially
This referendum is so moronic. People with degrees in areas that are very involved in how Europe works and how this will affect the UK are not sure which route Britain should take and what will be the most appropriate decision, yet the government - which I actually doubt would have the insanity to do, but hey, perhaps that is the case - is allowing an average Joe, or a 'can I speak with the manager' Sharon, to decide something that will affect millions of people, many of which are outside of the country's borders. But you know man, democracy.
Stay- the only reason the average person currently has a problem with the EU is due to this belief the EU solely controls our immigration (and some people seem to think all immigration is negative which is equally irritating). People are panicking a looking for people to blame for this sudden panic of asylum seekers and increase in immigration, well I'm sorry but their are A LOT more things to factor in. Those arguing to leave need to read into what the EU actually offers us and why we have stayed in it up to this point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Do all the Eastern Europeans get shipped off if the UK leaves?
Original post by Xysoo

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree 100 %

I don't have an issue with people expressing an in or out opinion but there is no need for that kind of ignorant and nasty comments - but it say more about the writer than folk it's directed at.
Original post by Yawn!
Do all the Eastern Europeans get shipped off if the UK leaves?

Yes!
Leave

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending