The Student Room Group

Student maintenance loans for previous years.

Original post by Stuart SFE
Hi Aketos,

As Nihad mentioned, students have nine months to apply for your finance from the start of the academic year. If a student believes they have made reasonable efforts to apply before the closing date and want us to reconsider the decision made, they can write to us and provide information regarding the circumstances and events that caused the late application.

Any letters (and supporting evidence) can be sent to:

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Regards,
Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I have been refused maintenance loan just because my settlement status came late, the academic year start from the 1st of September, but i was granted settlement on the 12th of September, 12 days late. Due to that i was refused maintenance loan but i was given tuition fees. I have appealed hoping they will reconsider their decision. Do you think i will get maintenance loan next academic year.

Regards.
Joyce
Hi there. If you are an EU national and have now been granted Settled Status, you would be able to apply for the Maintenance Loan for the next year. Thanks, Leah.
Hi Joyce,

Have they said you are not eligible for the Maintenance Loan for the full academic year? I think you should be eligible from your 2nd term for the Maintenance Loan. Was it the EU settled status that you have been awarded and did you complete a PN1 application?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 3
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi Joyce,

Have they said you are not eligible for the Maintenance Loan for the full academic year? I think you should be eligible from your 2nd term for the Maintenance Loan. Was it the EU settled status that you have been awarded and did you complete a PN1 application?

Thanks, Drew

Hi Drew,

Thank you for your response, I was told I’m not eligible for maintenance loan for the whole academic year. I did PN1 form , I was awarded EU settled status, I m not even a EU national I don’t understand how they worked it out. I am UK national.

Regards
Joyce
Reply 4
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. If you are an EU national and have now been granted Settled Status, you would be able to apply for the Maintenance Loan for the next year. Thanks, Leah.

Hi Leah,

Thanks for your response, I’m not EU national, I’m UK national I got my settlement base on long stay on ten years route. I was told to fill EU form for tuition fees only.

Regards
Joyce
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by M Joyce lane
Hi Leah,

Thanks for your response, I’m not EU national, I’m UK national I got my settlement base on long stay on ten years route. I was told to fill EU form for tuition fees only.

Regards
Joyce

Hi there,

You need to be eligible before the start of the academic year. If you don't meet our eligibility then you won't be eligible for the Loan. We would suggest speaking to you university to see if they know of alternative funding options.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending