The Student Room Group

Manchester University A100 (2017 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Advice4Daughter
Daughter has been offered an interview, She had an very high UKCat,. Interview on 12th Jan but what we find confusing her friend has been offered one in March amazing stats way above the threshold but why so late? She is not an international student

From the impression i'm getting, it might be something to do with what date they sent off the e-form? I only sent mine off the day before the deadline so my interview is pretty late in Feb. They might have gone down the list and allocated Janauary interview slots to those who sent the e-forms a bit earlier? If not that, then I think the allocation was just random!
Original post by Advice4Daughter
Daughter has been offered an interview, She had an very high UKCat,. Interview on 12th Jan but what we find confusing her friend has been offered one in March amazing stats way above the threshold but why so late? She is not an international student

Mine is 6th of Jan (I'm a graduate) and my friend (also a graduate, same course) has been given one in February. So I'm guessing it is random, or maybe based on when you sent your application - I sent mine on September 21st so very early, and she sent hers just before the deadline.
Original post by Suzie98
From the impression i'm getting, it might be something to do with what date they sent off the e-form? I only sent mine off the day before the deadline so my interview is pretty late in Feb. They might have gone down the list and allocated Janauary interview slots to those who sent the e-forms a bit earlier? If not that, then I think the allocation was just random!

I sent mine on the very last day and have an interview in Feb so maybe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by Suzie98

That could be it... I sent mine so early, before we even had the email with the link in it :smile:
Original post by michaela__
I sent mine on the very last day and have an interview in Feb so maybe!

It cant be the date the form was sent off, I sent mine off at 6pm on the last day, so 6 hours before the deadline and my interview is 10th January!
Got an interview for the 1st of March!!!! So unbelievably happy!!!

I don't think it is to do with when you sent off the form, because I sent it off 5 days before the deadline and my interview is quite late... well, more time to prepare I guess! Congratulations to everyone else who got interviews too, this is so exciting :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Got my interview today for March, it's my first so far so pretty happy!
UKCAT: 689
GCSE's: 8A* 2A
A level: AAA
😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
So there are home students in March as well. Appears to be random and in the grand scheme of things makes no difference. Thank you i will relay the message back to the young lady
Got an interview for the 6th of Jan :bigsmile: Didn't think I'd stand much of a chance with my stats... First uni I've heard back from! :smile:
GCSE: 3A* 9A
UKCAT: 687
A Level predicted: AAA
Original post by Gran0la
Got an interview for the 6th of Jan :bigsmile: Didn't think I'd stand much of a chance with my stats... First uni I've heard back from! :smile:
GCSE: 3A* 9A
UKCAT: 687
A Level predicted: AAA

Congrats, I'm 6th Jan too :smile: those are amazing stats!!
Congrats to everyone who has been offered an interview!
Has anyone got theirs on Jan 13??
The cut off is 653 if anyone is still wondering 😀😀
Reply 592
Original post by AZ98
Mines on the 6th jan, anyone else?

Me too!
Reply 593
Original post by michaela__
I am so unbelievably happy!! I think I just scraped whatever the threshold is as I only have 667 lmao. But Manchester is my favourite choice and I'm so glad I took the risk! Just can't believe it😱 I think I'll be smiling and happy for a week straight at this rate 😂

My UKCAT was 630 band 1 and I have received an interview so it must have been lowered this year, well done to you, good luck :smile:
Guys cut off is 653 for those wIthout wp flags and 620 for those with wp plus!!!

https://www.bmh.manchester.ac.uk/media/mhs/bmh-faculty/UoM_Medicine_Your_Application_16-17_UKCAT.pdf
Reply 595
Original post by Brussell53
The cut off is 653 if anyone is still wondering 😀😀

How did you find this out? I received an interview today with only 630 UKCAT average
Original post by essie1234
Congrats, I'm 6th Jan too :smile: those are amazing stats!!

Same, what time is your interview?
Original post by medicapplicant
Same, what time is your interview?

8:45, so early!! you?
Original post by DrMJ
How did you find this out? I received an interview today with only 630 UKCAT average

It's on their website under 'how we deal with your application'. Were you WP plus?
Interview, with 760 score and a WP+ flag :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending