The Student Room Group

The Human Penguin Project - Earn £5/Will complete your study!

Hi there!

My name is Clark West, I am a PhD student at the University of Southampton and I am recruiting for the UK chapter of a worldwide study on core temperature and social integration.
We are looking for healthy non-smoking individuals aged between 18 and 45 years old to participate in a study testing core temperature and social integration. This relationship has been established in velvet monkeys. However, as humans have more complex social worlds we anticipate some cultural variation in the relationship between temperature and social integration. This study is solely for the UK chapter of a worldwide project.You will be required to takeyour pre and post study temperature using an oral thermometer. You will answer a series of questionnaires online measuring personality, psychological, and social variables, as well as a few physical variables like fluid intake. Please contact me ([email protected]) for more information or to arrange to participate. If you agree to participate you will be paid £5/sent a £5 amazon voucher, or in return I would be happy to do any surveys of yours. Many thanks! See below for participation requirements.

In order to participate in this study you will have to:
Be a native English speaker
Aged between18 and 45
Have access to an oral thermometer
Be a non-smoker
Complete the questionnaires between 9am and 11am (UK) local time
Not eaten/drunk something warm at least 1 hour prior to the beginning the study
Take a photo of yourself with your temperature reading written down on a piece of paper (to verify the time and temperature recording)
Upload this photo for use in the study
This study will be running from February2016 to late May 2016 and has received ethical approval from the University of Southampton (ERGO number: 18894)
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending