The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bottom line: If you don't know who directed Brief Encounter, one of the most quintessentially British films of all time (along with The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp), you don't deserve to live here!
It's not hard, so much of it as just general knowledge and just like any exam you just learn the exam if it actually matters, if not you learn a bit about British history.

And it seems that wherever there is a question "where can you do this" the citizens advice bureau is an easy point

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by Hydeman
It may be pointless, but it's not a guessing game. There's an official book which contains everything you need to know to pass this test. Anybody who studies for it can pass it with relative ease, no guesswork involved.

You can can read the material study guide digitally instead of the book.
http://citizenpaper.co.uk/life-in-the-uk-test/
Reply 43
Meh, I've done it last year.
It's just reading the textbook and doing lots of mock tests.
When it came to the actual test, half of the questions I've already seen before, so... :P
Reply 44
Original post by Artur96
Meh, I've done it last year.
It's just reading the textbook and doing lots of mock tests.
When it came to the actual test, half of the questions I've already seen before, so... :P

Congratulation for doing the test. Guessing you already passed and citizen now?
Also did any of these questions came up on the exams.
Reply 45
Original post by Grace019
Congratulation for doing the test. Guessing you already passed and citizen now?
Also did any of these questions came up on the exams.

Not a citizen yet.
The questions are random for each candidate, AFAIK. But looking at the link you posted, I've seen those questions in the past.
Original post by Grace019
image.jpgTake the test and see if your British enough! citizenpaper. co.uk
If you fail the test YOUR NOT BRITISH 😝 MWAahaha
It's actually hard. How do new comers even pass this??

**** i failed that ****, now they have enough proof to send me back to home in the banana boat
Original post by Artur96
Not a citizen yet.
The questions are random for each candidate, AFAIK. But looking at the link you posted, I've seen those questions in the past.

Do not just see the questions but work on those seriously. Even if you do not encounter with the exact questions during the actual test, most of them will be very similar. Solving past question papers always helps and this is applicable for almost every exam unless you are eyeing to join some secret service!
I guessed all of these and this is what I got 👍🏼
image.png
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
(along with The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp)

Would Emeric Pressburger have passed a Life in Britain test?
Original post by nulli tertius
Would Emeric Pressburger have passed a Life in Britain test?

:moon:
Reply 51
Original post by DiddyDec01
Passed it. It isn't that hard, mostly common knowledge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If this is what you call common knowledge :smile:) It's anything but common. I got three question out of 30 which was common and all the other ones never heard of them. Loads of names and places I never heard in my life. I was studying history my whole life and no clue who were these 'very British' people. A common question would be something like: how many countries are in the UK or what currency we use in the UK or something about the royal family. Traditional food anything. What I got you only know if you were born-born here. My boyfriend is British and he failed so many times. Because he is stupid? Hm. He finished a uni with a first degree so I don't think so. These questions are way too hard and don't fit the 5 years of knowledge at all.

Latest