The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Question 1 was horrible, worst one in the whole paper.
Question 1 was the easiest! Just had to list and explain the omni-words, trinity...etc. For b) list not liturgical (and which denominations follow it) and liturgical and throw in couple of important quotes Jesus said about the bible...etc. For c) throw some theodicies: comoslogical/teleological arguments, free will, pascal's wager...etc.

I found the question on the nature of belief hardest! Part a especially!
Reply 3
What for the 1.) environment Q.
Reply 4
i thought this exam was really qwite eezy, 1 was the EASIEST im not joking, and i missed out 5. I am quite confident (70%) that i got 100% for that exam.
^ 100% is jumping the gun a bit...especially at 70% certain.

I'm fairly sure what I wrote was a*/a worthy. It all depends on Ethics now...20th June!

As for the enviornment question, well, sorry dude but I didn't do that topic. However, if I did, I probably would have mentioned a lot about Genesis and a lot on the matter of Christians as stewards...etc.

I'm sure you did fine though!
are you guys on about the ocr short course gcse, theology B ?

i did that today :biggrin:

i got 99% in the full course one a year ago so pretty confident on this one i got an A* today :biggrin:
Reply 7
it was okay. I did 1,5,9 &13. Missed out good and evil.

Nature of God was okay especially 1st 2 Q's.

Nature of Belief was easy apart from I ran out of ideas on fasting- Just put down things that came inot my head(closer to God, less distractions during worship, like Jesus did)

Religion & Science was easy. Just put down that we have dominion over animals and a couple of other quotes. christians believe humans are special because we are "formed in the image of God" and "God's temple is sacred and You[humans] are that temple"- sanctity of life. Also, it's God's world and we are here to look after it. We are stewards.

Death & the afterlife was the easiest. Just put down beliefs about what heaven is like(eternal happiness) and the reason why we go to heaven is because God gave us a soul. Funerals was easy as well.

Relatively confident. Was a bit tired towards thend because I wrote 12 sides and I think I may have dropped a few marks in Death & Afterlife(in hindsight, should have done Good and Evil)

Hopefully a good mark to build on in my other paper!
yeh i only used one quote lol, "creatio ex nihilio", but hey, im hoping the fact i covered all the pointed concisely and accurately will be enough.

i just couldn't be bothered to relearn all them quotes like i did for the full course. since this is only a crappy lil half gcse anyways.
Reply 9
Do you actually need to quote or reference the Bible to get full marks? OR does it just help you get more marks quicker?
Reply 10
quote I would say.

I just thought the question about "Believing in God is essential" was stupid because it is essential for what? I just wrote stuff about getting into heaven so hopefully that was right.
Reply 11
erm, i can't remember what i put for that one. i think I put things about reassuring Christians when in pain or suffering, how the world came to be and afterlife(heaven)
Quotes are great! The more you use, the more source evidence you show, the more marks you get! I threw in about 6/7 quotes, word for word, and explained them fully too! Some damn long ones too...

To anyone who did the nature of belief, what topics did you write about for each part a, b, and c?

If anything, that topic will bring my marks down...

I wrote about.

a) private worship, relationship with god, bible, new testaments, jesus and applying his messages/morals from it in a christian's life, sermon on the mount, prayer - petition, intercession, confession, thanksgiving, adoration for God, the lord's prayer "our father..." matthew 6:9-13 (i wrote it out!!!)...etc

b) fasting - self discipline, self belief, concentration, commitment, jesus fasted for forty days and forty night (mentioned quote from matthew 4 and explained devil's temptation), jesus did it so should christians, helps resist evil and overcome it, shows appreciation and thanksgiving to god since they sample a fraction of suffering...etc.

c) orthodox agree - music brings unity, joyous appreciation of god...etc while quakers disagree - music is a distractrion, they have unbroken silence...etc. my opinion about agreeing since music celebrates god and is a more interactive way of worshipping to god with others?

based on the marks 8, 7, 5...roughly how much would have i got writing the jist above?
Reply 13
I would say that if you mentioned, all that, that answer is an A* for sure. My b and c were similar and in a you put down slightly more than me:mad:

Still, should be enough for 7 or 8 marks
hbk91
Quotes are great! The more you use, the more source evidence you show, the more marks you get! I threw in about 6/7 quotes, word for word, and explained them fully too! Some damn long ones too...

To anyone who did the nature of belief, what topics did you write about for each part a, b, and c?

If anything, that topic will bring my marks down...

I wrote about.

a) private worship, relationship with god, bible, new testaments, jesus and applying his messages/morals from it in a christian's life, sermon on the mount, prayer - petition, intercession, confession, thanksgiving, adoration for God, the lord's prayer "our father..." matthew 6:9-13 (i wrote it out!!!)...etc

based on the marks 8, 7, 5...roughly how much would have i got writing the jist above?

Actually, part A said "worship at home" :biggrin: It didn't say anything about private worship only. In other words you could say: invite friends over to pray together, grace before meals etc etc.
How do I know? It's on the OCR Mark scheme for the Specimen Paper on their website! YEP, THEY ASKED A QUESTION FROM THE SPECIMEN PAPER ON THE REAL EXAM! HALLELUJAH! :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 15
Yep I noticed that for the Nature of God one as well.

Very annoying as I had that paper in my room somewhere.

Still I basically wrote what was on the mark scheme anyway :smile:
Worshipping within the home can be private worship as well. I think the only mention of others within the home that I mentioned was bible study groups, family reading a bible together...

Mark wise, do you think I would have lost a lot on that part or on the other two parts of that topic?
nah u probably wouldn't. you have more than enough detail. the mark scheme says that for the 7-8 band of marks you must show "fair detail" which you have done. you don't need 8 points -- if you elaborate on a few then you're fine.
Kt.b
quote I would say.

I just thought the question about "Believing in God is essential" was stupid because it is essential for what? I just wrote stuff about getting into heaven so hopefully that was right.

i just generalised it to a happy life, so had stuff like the bible can provide support, you can find a definite morality in there too (went on about probs with empircism and stuff too), and like the sermon and the mount and commandments helping you and stuff.

i think it was open for interpratation.

providing you answer was soudn youll be fine
o yeh, i think i did the same paper as you, but im doing the short course? :s-smilie: is it like the short course is only 1 paper full is too or what?

can someone please elucidate?

Latest