The Student Room Group

A level RS OCR

Anyone got experience with OCR religious studies at A level you can share? Considering doing it
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by Crrogleysn
Anyone got experience with OCR religious studies at A level you can share? Considering doing it

Do it, especially if you enjoy writing essays. 🙂
Reply 3
I love, love, love, love, love it personally & have applied to study philosophy & theology next year, but some of the other students in my class find it difficult to grasp.
I think if you enjoy it you will excel but if you find it boring will struggle to grasp the subject at all. Making good notes all the way through really helped me. And the get revising website omg!!!!
It’s definitely a mind f*ck at times but that’s why I love it is so refreshing and I honestly dont feel like im doing work bc its genuinely interesting. Essays are pretty simple and fun to write, there’s definitely a formula and then once you’ve grasped that its pretty easy to bag some A*’s
You kind of just sit around being confused, learn a bunch of facts and then argue your opinion and that’s pretty much it
The class at my school is pretty small and its such a weird subject that really lets u get involved and debate stuff.
Defo secret history/dead poets society vibes. 10/10 would recommend.
Original post by Crrogleysn

It's interesting if you actually enjoy studying religion. I know it's a given that it's going to be very religious heavy, but back in y11, I was told it wasn't. I don't know what I was thinking at that time, haha.

I'd say if you're genuinely interested in Christianity, then 100% go for it. Also, you have to be able to write and plan 1 essay in 45 minutes. There's 4 questions and you choose 3 questions that are all worth 40 marks. If that sounds daunting, then I really don't recommend taking it.

For me, I really enjoyed studying ethics. It sort of relies on your opinions and common sense. Year 2 topics are hellish though!

Quick Reply

Latest