The Student Room Group

Year 11's

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plut0nuim
I haven't started yet i want to get at least all Bs but business studies is really bringing me down. i don't understand s*** in that subject plus the teacher is boring

Don't worry you will get the grades, just start now.
Original post by 11lmizo
Same here buddy, but im afraid thats not the solution lol.

oh well, but to answer your question..it's going well! ^_^
Original post by Ara8311a
Gotta love grammar schools. It's the same for me too! :smile:

Yeah i dont feel that stressed out yet !!
Tired from revising all the time but not too worried yet. I think most people are ready to just get this over and done with and get on with sixth form/college/apprenticeships. I know I sure am.
Original post by 11lmizo
Grammer schools do seem good, like what is so different other than good teachers and smart students lol?

Grammar schools are overrated, but many of the teachers in my school are oxbridge grads or Phd holders, which makes the teaching easy. I do learn things quite quickly and the school pushes you since Yr9/10 so now its just final bits of revision and papers left to do.
I think I slacked off a little last week (exhausted for several unfortunate reasons). On Monday, I have a music lesson at 07:30 and a club after-school that ends at 17:30. I think I'm going to try to do more revision from March (Tuesday).

I do a reasonable amount at the moment during weekends. I was on a school trip over half term, so I couldn't revise then, but I did quite a bit of revision for the mocks over Christmas.

Any tips for revising after school (I'll do a bit before school too...) efficiently?
Original post by petrus123

Any tips for revising after school (I'll do a bit before school too...) efficiently?

Make a timetable and try to stick to it. If you happen to miss anything out do it at the weekend. For most lessons revision guides and youtube videos are the best ways to go, especially for English poetry annotations and science.
Original post by Isobel150631
Make a timetable and try to stick to it. If you happen to miss anything out do it at the weekend. For most lessons revision guides and youtube videos are the best ways to go, especially for English poetry annotations and science.

Thanks :smile: I'll try planning what to do each way. I'm already subscribed to some YouTube channels.
Tired from revising all the time but not too worried yet. I think most people are ready to just get this over and done with and get on with sixth form/college/apprenticeships. I know I sure am.

don't overdo it, or it will have the opposite effects! :smile:
Original post by petrus123
Thanks :smile: I'll try planning what to do each way. I'm already subscribed to some YouTube channels.

What channels do you recommend? thanks
Original post by under8ed
Grammar schools are overrated, but many of the teachers in my school are oxbridge grads or Phd holders, which makes the teaching easy. I do learn things quite quickly and the school pushes you since Yr9/10 so now its just final bits of revision and papers left to do.

@11lmizo Most of my teachers are just average teachers. We do get pushed to 'fulfil our potential' from year 7 onwards but for the main part there aren't loads of differences. I think it's just generally better teacher support as they can distribute their time better as there are fewer disruptive students.

We're also starting revision in some subjects which is good as I don't have to do as much at home. :smile:

DrPhysicsA for Physics (this is my old Physics teacher's friend from school and he explains things very well).

MrBruff for English poetry annotations.

Mr bruff is amazing, everyone use him.
Has anyone got the link for the aqa gcse geography physical paper 2015 I would appreciate it a lot xxx
Gotta love Mr Bruff, lol haha. I've been trying to revise a lot but often things pop up in the way. I also get super bad anxiety with exams and life in general and that causes me to need to rest or take time out which is always the opposite of what i want to do! I still have coursework for my textiles due in next week and that has been KILLING ME. I honestly just can't wait to get to college !!
What are everyones target grades etc?
Has anyone got the link for the aqa gcse geopgraphy physicals exam 2015 i would appreciate it a lottttxxxx
Has anyone got the link for the aqa gcse geopgraphy physicals exam 2015 i would appreciate it a lottttxxxx

I watch MrGibbEnglish, but I'll look at MrBruff. (Although it might be for a different exam spec...)

Quick Reply

Latest