The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

QUB vs TCD

I'm choosing between QUB and TCD for business undergraduate, I really want a 1st and so I'm wondering is it harder to get a first in trinity because it's a better university or is it the same level of difficulty at queens?

I think that getting a first in queens would be viewed better than a 2.1 in trinity, correct me if I'm wrong!

Thanks guys!
Original post by Sawyer59
I'm choosing between QUB and TCD for business undergraduate, I really want a 1st and so I'm wondering is it harder to get a first in trinity because it's a better university or is it the same level of difficulty at queens?

I think that getting a first in queens would be viewed better than a 2.1 in trinity, correct me if I'm wrong!

Thanks guys!

Both courses are going to be of equal difficulty, but it's the professors that are different. It's a well-known fact that very few people have come out of Trinity with a First and the type of people that go there are overly competitive and entitled.
Queens is an absolutely brilliant uni with great staff, great atmosphere and (mostly) lovely people :tongue:

Getting a first anywhere, especially queens, would be always viewed better than a 2-1 at any other university, even Trinity.

Good luck :smile:
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
Original post by DMcGovern
Both courses are going to be of equal difficulty, but it's the professors that are different. It's a well-known fact that very few people have come out of Trinity with a First and the type of people that go there are overly competitive and entitled.
Queens is an absolutely brilliant uni with great staff, great atmosphere and (mostly) lovely people :tongue:

Getting a first anywhere, especially queens, would be always viewed better than a 2-1 at any other university, even Trinity.

Good luck :smile:

TCD awards about 16% Firsts.
Queen's about 19%

Not a huge difference.

And @Sawyer59 for Business Management specifically Queen's awards 10% Firsts.
https://unistats.direct.gov.uk/subjects/study/10005343FT-BSM-BSC-S/ReturnTo/Search
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending