The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

QUB as a student living in England

Hi, I'm thinking of applying to study medicine at QUB. However, I haven't had the opportunity to visit the city or go to an open day and am a bit worried about going there vs England. My family live in the South West of England, so quite far away. Would any English students be able to share their experiences, regardless of the subject you're studying?
Hi! I don't go to QUB currently but I'm also from SE England looking at Belfast and I went to visit the city and on a tour of the campus a few weeks ago. The best way to describe the city would be like a mix of York, Edinburgh and Liverpool- it's small and easy to get around but not so small to be boring. The campus is kind of at one end of the city, a 20 min walk or so from city centre but there are buses constantly. The campus is easy to get around - the main building is really pretty and not too far (15 mins) from the main undergrad accom. Student Union was big and really nice, they have a lot going on. I wasn't able to go into accom but saw the main social building, called 'treehouse' which was really nice, where washing machines etc are.
Good luck!
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending