The Student Room Group

Switch From Triple To Duel Science?

I'm sitting my gcse's this summer, and my science grades have dropped to a D in Biology and U's in Chemistry and Physics, despite being targeted A's in all these. I currently do triple science but my teachers suggested I go down to duel science instead to help my grades, should I go with this?
Reply 1
depends on how you're managing to cope if you can revise hard core start from now ... if you're tooo lazy (like me)or busy then you could consider that... but try revising you got two months, lots of miracles can happen lol
Reply 2
Exact thing happened to me in my mocks for Tripe I was getting F's and U's everywhere and then after realizing that I actually need to do some work I switched to third gear and started revising and now i'm on C's and i'm just getting better and better. So don't give up...but the choice is in your hands.
If you can't cope with pressure then drop it.
Yeah, it's too close to exams to bring your grades right up, when you've got so much to learn with triple science, and especially the further additional in Chemistry is bordering on AS Level so I'd just go to dual. You can still take sciences at A-Level with dual award (if you do well, of course) and it won't have any major impacts, just triple looks better on a CV :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by caitlinford3
Yeah, it's too close to exams to bring your grades right up, when you've got so much to learn with triple science, and especially the further additional in Chemistry is bordering on AS Level so I'd just go to dual. You can still take sciences at A-Level with dual award (if you do well, of course) and it won't have any major impacts, just triple looks better on a CV :smile:

Wait...it's too late?
I got F's and U's in my mock so it's too late to bring it up to an A or B?
Sounds like it may be better going to dual, but it depends how much effort you are putting in now, if you are slacking then get your head down and revise, there's no reason why you can't stick with triple.

It also depends what you want to do in college (if you going that is). I only did dual, and went on to do AS Biology and AS chemistry. I ended up dropping Chemistry because I didn't get on with it. Doing triple if you plan to take them onto college will definitely give you more of a benefit than if you do dual before taking them at college.
Original post by 0lut0
Wait...it's too late?
I got F's and U's in my mock so it's too late to bring it up to an A or B?

I mean depends how much you work and how fast you are to adapting to things. But since you've been doing science since year 10 and are still getting F's and U's I feel like with the revision of all your other exams it'd be too late. I guess if you want to argue with that use it as motivation to prove me wrong :smile:
Thank you everyone, don't think I'm looking to carry science on into the future and I'd rather lessen my workload if possible so think I'll move down to dual for my benefit :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest