The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zayn is Bae
For anyone who's an F1 fan, can you explain to me why the drivers are such bitches? Nico and Lewis are a prime example, I can understand they both want to win but they're team-mates, should be able to get over losses like people do in other sports. They also seem to air their frustration against team-mates or their team in general (see Ricciardo today) in the public, instead of keeping it in-house? It's actually one of the reasons I can't stand to watch it, like little babies throwing their toys out of the pram.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Majority are from rich families that always get what they want.

Ricciardo is understandable. Twice in as many races he's had a nailed on win taken away. And he's a thoroughly likeable guy.
Original post by SentryE3D
Majority are from rich families that always get what they want.

Ricciardo is understandable. Twice in as many races he's had a nailed on win taken away. And he's a thoroughly likeable guy.

True, karting is expensive as ****. I'm definitely a casual, so I wouldn't know if he is likeable or not, but there's potentially thousands more like me who see the articles of Rosberg throwing his hat back at Lewis, or Danny telling his team to save it when they apologise to him and are put off by it. I can understand in the moment but he should probably still be backing his pit crew who undoubtedly work so hard and make a mistake (even if he would be vindicated in doing so).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ballet is a criminally underrated sport.

Unreal amount of athleticism needed.
Ballet's an art, not a sport
Original post by The Wavefunction
Ballet's an art, not a sport

Under Armour thinks otherwise pal
Original post by swirly
Under Armour thinks otherwise pal

Under armour's wrong then pal
Create your own destiny.

Dream. Believe. Achieve.
Under armour's wrong then pal

Shall I send a tweet to the world's third biggest sports brand to let them know or just let them get on with it pal?
Original post by swirly
Shall I send a tweet to the world's third biggest sports brand to let them know or just let them get on with it pal?

Send the tweet
Send the tweet

y u no call me pal:frown:
Original post by swirly
y u no call me pal:frown:

Send the tweet, buddy ol pal
Reply 4311
Original post by swirly
Chicken and asparagus is forever the winning combo

inb4 @Rk2k14 asks what is asparagus.

Chicken and chips >
Original post by Zayn is Bae
For anyone who's an F1 fan, can you explain to me why the drivers are such bitches? Nico and Lewis are a prime example, I can understand they both want to win but they're team-mates, should be able to get over losses like people do in other sports. They also seem to air their frustration against team-mates or their team in general (see Ricciardo today) in the public, instead of keeping it in-house? It's actually one of the reasons I can't stand to watch it, like little babies throwing their toys out of the pram.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For a number of years now, F1 has had one team dominate. In the past it was fine because there as always a clear #1 who would always finish ahead (see Schumacher) but in recent years we've seen team mates who are much closer in ability for a variety of reasons. When no other team gets close to the winning team, it then means you effectively have 2 people competing for the title, even if they are on the same team. Hence they start bitching and a lot of in-fighting.
Reply 4313
Original post by Zerforax
For a number of years now, F1 has had one team dominate. In the past it was fine because there as always a clear #1 who would always finish ahead (see Schumacher) but in recent years we've seen team mates who are much closer in ability for a variety of reasons. When no other team gets close to the winning team, it then means you effectively have 2 people competing for the title, even if they are on the same team. Hence they start bitching and a lot of in-fighting.

Thats relatively recent though.

Vettel had the game on lock down a few years ago. 4 titles in a row:eek: No one could touch him 10-13.
Dany is actually ruining the show.
Reply 4315
This^

How anyone can see her as the hero is beyond me.
Wish Jon does mad ting to her.

Pun intended:wink:
Reply 4316
How Sam was feeling during this episode.
job on monday is always to avoid GOT spoilers, until I can watch it in the evening.

Last weeks episode was great, but I saw 1 picture of holder on a tiny thumbnail on youtube, and I just knew what was coming.

Problem is monday is my day off, so its not like I can just go to work and avoid the internet.
What's everyone thoughts on this gorilla getting "murdered"

personally I think the whole outcry and some of the stuff people are coming out with is pathetic.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sevchenko
What's everyone thoughts on this gorilla getting "murdered"

personally I think the whole outcry and some of the stuff people are coming out with is pathetic.

Exactly. What are they supposed to do sit back and watch someone die?

At the end of the day it's a Gorilla. Just get a new one.

Latest