The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Col-C
While everyone was concerning themselves with the morality of editing posts, no-one seems to have noticed it crept up to 38.1C!

Indeed,

Gravesend in Kent.

38.1 C, 100.6 F

I hadn't heard that on the news, they must have a delay in reporting back because yesterday focused on Heathrow.
Reply 21
Expression
Indeed,

Gravesend in Kent.

38.1 C, 100.6 F

I hadn't heard that on the news, they must have a delay in reporting back because yesterday focused on Heathrow.

I really don't understand this, over the past week I have been hearing reposrts about incredible record breaking temperatures being reached.....I have see the sun twice since I returned from my hols . It rained yesterday :frown: and today is even worse :mad: , I am really starting to question if Stoke-on-Trent is part of the UK or not! :tongue:
Reply 22
Leekey
I really don't understand this, over the past week I have been hearing reposrts about incredible record breaking temperatures being reached.....I have see the sun twice since I returned from my hols . It rained yesterday :frown: and today is even worse :mad: , I am really starting to question if Stoke-on-Trent is part of the UK or not! :tongue:

I wouldn't worry, there are flash floods and all sorts up here. Still, I can't complain, at least I'm not being slowly cooked like the unfortunate people in the south :smile:

I never thought I'd be so grateful for light drizzle!
Reply 23
Expression
Indeed,

Gravesend in Kent.

38.1 C, 100.6 F

Surely - and I may be a bit of an idiot for saying this - but wouldn't Heathrow be a bit hotter anyway, due to all the heat generated from the aircraft and stuff?! I might be a bit stupid saying that, but it occured to me yesterday!!!
Reply 24
Chicken
Surely - and I may be a bit of an idiot for saying this - but wouldn't Heathrow be a bit hotter anyway, due to all the heat generated from the aircraft and stuff?! I might be a bit stupid saying that, but it occured to me yesterday!!!

It's possible, and the point was raised on the BBC news. Doesn't matter anyway, it's not the result that the record books will show now.

Something has to put Gravesend on the map, cos Gravesend & Northfleet FC doesn't ! :tongue:
Reply 25
Whoops, I said previously that rain and thunderstorms were expected, well it didn't come in my area.
Reply 26
Xenon
Whoops, I said previously that rain and thunderstorms were expected, well it didn't come in my area.

It pissed it down here.
Reply 27
its too hot u know
Reply 28
Col-C
at least I'm not being slowly cooked like the unfortunate people in the south :smile:

*sobs*...woe is I!
Reply 29
Egan1
*sobs*...woe is I!

If you'd be kind enough to smear yourself in BBQ sauce, remembering to turn yourself every half hour, then we might be able to have a communal UK Learning BBQ this evening :smile:
ickle_katy
i want nice weather back!!! some of us only just got our stoopid electricity back ! omg i thought we were being bombed last nite...the thunder was awful....

love Katy ****

Though I have not fully forgiven ickle_katy - she was only doing what Koloth said to (but was the only mod to actually act upon it)..*shuts up about that topic*

That thunder was very bad...when it woke me up first I though someone was breaking into my house..

Unfortnely, I face something much worse......my dog had wet the bed!
Reply 31
a_musical_gal
Though I have not fully forgiven ickle_katy - she was only doing what Koloth said to (but was the only mod to actually act upon it)..*shuts up about that topic*

That thunder was very bad...when it woke me up first I though someone was breaking into my house..

Unfortnely, I face something much worse......my dog had wet the bed!

oh yes...one of the worst things to wake up to..you pet wetting your bed...i have since kicked my dog out of my room before i sleep though i have to much heart to just leave im outside in the hall...so he always finds his way back in...

CR
CR3
oh yes...one of the worst things to wake up to..you pet wetting your bed...i have since kicked my dog out of my room before i sleep though i have to much heart to just leave im outside in the hall...so he always finds his way back in...

CR

hehe...I know...my one dog (well bitch really) was going through a seriously bad fur loss thing (she's ok now) and my bed was covered in white fur so I decided to leave her outside on the landing...right out side my door with her doggie basket which was warm because I hidden a hot bottle bottle in her cushion because she is old...by 2 am she was back on my bed!
Reply 33
a_musical_gal
hehe...I know...my one dog (well bitch really) was going through a seriously bad fur loss thing (she's ok now) and my bed was covered in white fur so I decided to leave her outside on the landing...right out side my door with her doggie basket which was warm because I hidden a hot bottle bottle in her cushion because she is old...by 2 am she was back on my bed!

yea..its tough just to leave a dog freezying outside in the cold damp hallway with nothing to eat or cover his/her body with *slaps self in face*notice i say dog..i hate cats...i think they should all die though then my dog can't chase any...

CR
CR3
yea..its tough just to leave a dog freezying outside in the cold damp hallway with nothing to eat or cover his/her body with *slaps self in face*notice i say dog..i hate cats...i think they should all die though then my dog can't chase any...

CR

awww...I feel sorry for the cat lovers of this fourm.
Reply 35
a_musical_gal
awww...I feel sorry for the cat lovers of this fourm.

don't give in!!! did u not forget who was notorious in the classical movie Cats and Dogs!!! the dogs!! haha...i'm so weird

CR
Reply 36
CR3
..i hate cats...i think they should all die
*scratched CR3 with her claws* -I cannot understand those with a hatred of cats, perhaps that is because I personally have a great dislike of dogs (how can people let their dogs lick their faces? *wrinckles nose*)...anyway- you stay away from my precioussss! *strokes purring feline*

Latest

Trending

Trending