The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
my teacher reckons past papers are how to do it
Reply 2
past papers! go crazy! also practice doing the equations, they are frustrating and difficult but they are easy marks if u can do them! apart from that there are chemcord notes and practice Qs and the such like, but i really didnt like the format of them.

keep revising the notes and do pastpapers. when u get Q wrong revise the whole topic and make a note of it. Alot of the multiple choice Qs are repeated from old pastpapers. last year i recognised 3 mcqs which were word-for-word from old papers, the numbers and everything.
Reply 3
I found the book 'how to pass Higher Chemistry' was really helpful last year... (although it's primarily aimed at people who know basically no chemistry. Like me.)
Reply 4
I have
"Revision Notes & Questions - New Higher Chemistry", the chemcord notes book and my past papers?

Is it worth my while going into school to "borrow" their chemcord question & answer books?
Reply 5
Eeeeeek I hate chemistry! I'm going to tackle past papers, and write out my notes a little neater I think and then just hope for the best. Chemistry is definitely not one of my strong points! Good luck studying!
I hate chemistry - so glad it's my last exam and not for a week! Though I feel like I've already done every past paper under the sun...
Reply 7
dreamy_girl
I have
"Revision Notes & Questions - New Higher Chemistry", the chemcord notes book and my past papers?

Is it worth my while going into school to "borrow" their chemcord question & answer books?

I have the chemcord q and a book. there are MILLIONS of questions, good practice for the real exam but I don't find them very useful
Hey people, just doing some last revision for chemistry, anyone else feeling rather nervous about it? :frown:
I have lots of resources I'm just too lazy, and I hope this won't be disaster like Biology.
Reply 10
I Feel Scared! :frown:
Reply 11
I'M SO NERVOUS! I've kind of given up revising though. done all the past papers and have read through my notes loads but i'm still probably only going to get a C. bleh :s-smilie:
Reply 12
I need a B! I'm going to stay up as late as it takes tonight to read the whole of Scholar, and do all the quizzes, and tests on there. :smile:
Sammi22
I need a B! I'm going to stay up as late as it takes tonight to read the whole of Scholar, and do all the quizzes, and tests on there. :smile:
I'd recommend not staying up too late, it's an early start tomorrow so you'll need a good night's sleep. Although that's just my thoughts - do whatever works for you :smile: (And good luck tomorrow).
Yeah I've only done past papers, no note-reading at all, but that seemed to work OK for bio. Doing scholar now (with MSN on...)

Slightly worried as I need an A in this.

I can do calculations, and most of unit 2 and all the spraffy crap for unit 1. I just forget stupid bits of unit 3 cos our teacher skimmed it all.
Reply 15
right then 9 oclock day b4 chemo. time to wap out my books and do some revision :s
Reply 16
Seriously, don't do any revision now! Give your brain a rest, get some sleep, and do your best tomorrow. I made the same mistake yesterday: I was 100% confident about Geography, but decided to do some top-up revision. Low and behold, i see things i don't fully comprehend and panic! I stayed up until 2 a.m going over the whole course, just to make sure. I felt so tired in the exam today; luckily i found it rather easy and think i did well! None of the topics i revised came up, meaning i wasted a whole night....*falls asleep*
Reply 17
lol ive not done anyrevising till now

this is my revision for chemitry

3 hours
Reply 18
Gregpicard
Seriously, don't do any revision now! Give your brain a rest, get some sleep, and do your best tomorrow. I made the same mistake yesterday: I was 100% confident about Geography, but decided to do some top-up revision. Low and behold, i see things i don't fully comprehend and panic! I stayed up until 2 a.m going over the whole course, just to make sure. I felt so tired in the exam today; luckily i found it rather easy and think i did well! None of the topics i revised came up, meaning i wasted a whole night....*falls asleep*

until 2am!!?!!??!?
man, how did you stay awake during the exam?!
I did the same the night before my chemistry prelim... fell asleep during the actual prelim and got a C :redface: .... I've learned from my mistake :biggrin:
Reply 19
Red Bull.....lots and lots of Red Bull :biggrin: Our invigilators are old fuddy-duddys, so i was allowed to bring 2 cans into the exam! That was a bonus, provided the necessary energy boost.

Latest

Trending

Trending