The Student Room Group

Okay I'm worried - wrote wrong paper reference.

I just realised that I wrote on OCR's answer booklet where it states 'Paper Reference' - I wrote 2442/1 which is the wrong tier.
I should have wrote 2442/2 for Higher!

I can't sleep.
I'm worried about it so much now.
Will I be entered for Foundation?

What do I do?

Scroll to see replies

shame

only jokin', no it says higher on the front page so they know what exam you did
Reply 2
BREATHE

you will be okay do not worry about it
teachers usually check through papers as well, i wrote the wrong question number to one of my questions in an exam and couldn't sleep however they noticed my mistake and corrected it for me, dont lose sleep over it!
:smile:
I'm off to school right now to see our head of year and head of exams assistant.

I hope they haven't sent the scripts already.
Reply 4
now that you mentioned it, i HOPE i wrote down my candidate number right:eek:

heh, don't worry, when the examiners see what question you're answering, he/she'll guess:wink:
Reply 5
it really doesn't matter, i asked an invigilator who told me "it doesn't matter"
Yes but the questions numbers on foundation and higher (for OCR english) are the same apart from with foundation, they write bullet point factors to help the candidate plan or something.

I went to my school this morning and the head didn't seem to think it was any concern. She mentioned that they collect the scripts in order of candidate number and tier level and then send them off and told me everything 'should' turn out okay. Not convinced at all and I'm still a mess. I can't revise for anything else, I'm sitting here just thinking about it.
Reply 7
lol, i wrote the wrong centre number twice on yesterdas english lit exam paper...TWICE LOL, i had to cross it all out and write it on top lol at myself.
Reply 8
hbk91
Yes but the questions numbers on foundation and higher (for OCR english) are the same apart from with foundation, they write bullet point factors to help the candidate plan or something.

I went to my school this morning and the head didn't seem to think it was any concern. She mentioned that they collect the scripts in order of candidate number and tier level and then send them off and told me everything 'should' turn out okay. Not convinced at all and I'm still a mess. I can't revise for anything else, I'm sitting here just thinking about it.

I'm pretty certain that the exam boards do have a record of what exam you're supposed to be sitting- after all, you received a statement of entry from the exam board, right? You're already registered to sit a certain paper of a certain specification and tier, with a certain exam board; hence why it's not so easy for schools to withdraw candidates from exams past a certain date, because you're already been registered.

I honestly don't think it will matter a great deal, but if you are still really worried then you can email [email protected] and explain the situation to them. I'm sure it will be okay. :smile:
Are the questions themselves the same? If so, I guess it could be more of a problem, but as Susie said, they'll have a record of what tier you were entered for, and if the questions are different, it'll be obvious from your answers that you sat the higher paper and just made a mistake with the reference. Get in touch with the exam board yourself or ask your exams officer to if it's making you really worried and affecting your other revision, but I'm sure it'll be fine.
Reply 10
I'm sure they would mark all the highers together and all the foundations together, so if they came across yours they may look it up or something. No point worrying, nothing you can do now!
Thanks everyone for your support. I've contacted the head of year 11 and spoke to the exam admin in our school and they're assuring me that everything has been checked and changed before being sent off.

It's trust that's bothering me. I find it hard to believe that they'd spot my mistake and change it coincidentally in time out of the 190 pupils or so. I just hope that they've really done it and that there won't be any disappointment or shocks on results day.

I'm considering e-mailing the board but I'm worried that fussing will only cause more trouble and delays.

Does anyone know what happens after the scripts are sent off?

I heard a selection are hand marked and the rest are marked by computers somehow.

Would the examiner look at the front details (i.e centre number, candidate number, paper reference...) or would they just mark the script?
Reply 12
hbk91, don't worry, you don't need to contact anyone.
It's not far from the same as not filling in the signature box lol... my sister went through maths exams without signing and she still came out with a B (then took it the next year in school).
Ha, paper reference is that it? I missed the entire front page. :biggrin:
Its collected in order of candidate number so im really not bothered. :cool:
^ Yes that's what my head told me, but I don't understand how that helps.

Will the examiner/marker have a list beside the scripts off which tier the candidate sits? Or will it be based purely on what is written on the script itself?

I'm beating myself my stupidity.
Don't worry it'll be fine! No point worrying and the examiner will probably realise you're higher tier won't they? And this is what your candidate number is for isn't it? So that they have a list of all this info anyway. I seriously wouldn't worry about it.
Reply 17
I didn't write the question numbers in my AQA lit exam, do you think that matters?
Reply 18
fayec
I didn't write the question numbers in my AQA lit exam, do you think that matters?

well in our first test (R.S) we were advised to write down the question numbers we did for the purpose to help the examiner use vital time in answering your actual question rather than having to find which question you actually did:p:

non the less, i dont believe you will get penalised...
Reply 19
An idiot in my school forgot to fill in his details on his sheet, the examiners fillde it in for him, and the board didn't care. Dont worry, you'll be fine, but you'll fail your other exams if you don't revise for them! :smile:

Latest