Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Law at Bristol, Nottingham, Leeds, Manchester and Birmingham and luckily received all of the offers. The grades are very similar and I have to decide which to put as my firm. According to the league tables Nottingham is marginally ranked higher than my other choices.

I liked Nottingham and wouldn't mind going, but I preferred Leeds, but do I have better career prospects if I go to Nottingham or do they lie in the same bracket?

Also if you think my other choices are better than Nottingham please let me know

ReputationRep:
    All those unis are all decent and much of a muchness. However i would say that Nottingham and Bristol are marginally better than the others. However they are all well respected unis and part of the Russell group and provided you do well in your degree and get work experience/do extra curriculars then you should be a competitive candidate for a training contract
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Id agree much of a muchness,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 98dan)
    I applied for Law at Bristol, Nottingham, Leeds, Manchester and Birmingham and luckily received all of the offers. The grades are very similar and I have to decide which to put as my firm. According to the league tables Nottingham is marginally ranked higher than my other choices.

I liked Nottingham and wouldn't mind going, but I preferred Leeds, but do I have better career prospects if I go to Nottingham or do they lie in the same bracket?

Also if you think my other choices are better than Nottingham please let me know
    Neal is right - Nottingham and Bristol are marginally better for Law than the rest.

This article should put it all into context pretty well: http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/whe...d-universities

ReputationRep:
    They're all pretty similar.

Mid-lower RG. I'd choose Bristol, personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 98dan)

I would go for Nottingham or Bristol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 98dan)

I would choose Bristol too, possibly biased since I have also applied but haven't heard back yet. Do you mind me asking your GCSE/AS/predicted grades and LNAT? I am worrying about not hearing back yet that's all hahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahblake)
    I would choose Bristol too, possibly biased since I have also applied but haven't heard back yet. Do you mind me asking your GCSE/AS/predicted grades and LNAT? I am worrying about not hearing back yet that's all hahah
    Sure, my predicted grades are A*AA and my LNAT score was 24

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 98dan)
    Sure, my predicted grades are A*AA and my LNAT score was 24
    Fingers crossed for me then, A*AA and 25. The wait is horrible hahah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahblake)
    Fingers crossed for me then, A*AA and 25. The wait is horrible hahah.
    What are you waiting for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 98dan)
    What are you waiting for?
    Just Bristol now, had offers from Newcastle, Warwick and KCL, rejection from UCL.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.