The Student Room Group

GCSE help???

Hey, I was wondering if I should take a language for GCSE. I've put French down on my options sheet as I've heard languages are good subjects to take and I find French easy, however, I have been told that French may not run in my school this year and that Spanish would. Here's the thing, I hate Spanish and find it a hard subject (Often writing in French in Spanish etc.) I want to study medicine in the future so I was also wondering what GCSE's I'd need to take to make me a good candidate for studying it in the future.
So I'd be truly grateful if somebody could help with this decision.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by StarbucksLife14
Hey, I was wondering if I should take a language for GCSE. I've put French down on my options sheet as I've heard languages are good subjects to take and I find French easy, however, I have been told that French may not run in my school this year and that Spanish would. Here's the thing, I hate Spanish and find it a hard subject (Often writing in French in Spanish etc.) I want to study medicine in the future so I was also wondering what GCSE's I'd need to take to make me a good candidate for studying it in the future.
So I'd be truly grateful if somebody could help with this decision.

If you hate a subject don't do it as you won't be as motivated. You need to focus on subjects you can get As in really :smile:
Thank you so much for replying Claire! I've decided not to go for Spanish, whilst a language would probably be a strong subject I probably won't enjoy it as much as I would another subject. So I've decided to take geography instead. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest