The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

Closer to home or travel?

Hi there, I'm planning to study Media at University but I have a bit of a dilemma. One of my choices is close to home, which my family would prefer, however my other choice is in South Wales but is perfect for the job I want to entail in the future. What should I choose?
Original post by TheDoctor11
Hi there, I'm planning to study Media at University but I have a bit of a dilemma. One of my choices is close to home, which my family would prefer, however my other choice is in South Wales but is perfect for the job I want to entail in the future. What should I choose?

Good for the one perfect for the job :smile:
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
Reply 2
Original post by TheDoctor11

It's completely your decision but I would go for the one perfect for the job. Even if you don't get your dream job right away you will be able to apply for very similar roles.
Also it's quite nice to have some independence from your parents, but the terms go so quickly you'll be back for Christmas before you know it.
At the end of the day, university is a journey to help you land that perfect job, so go with the university that is going to increase your chances of getting there.

However, remember that for the next few years you are going to have to live at that uni so pick the one that not only has a good reputation, but somewhere that you would be happy studying at for the next few years.

Hope this helps ! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by evalilyXOX
At the end of the day, university is a journey to help you land that perfect job, so go with the university that is going to increase your chances of getting there.

However, remember that for the next few years you are going to have to live at that uni so pick the one that not only has a good reputation, but somewhere that you would be happy studying at for the next few years.

Hope this helps ! :smile:

Thank youuuu!!!
Reply 5
Original post by Tenrec
It's completely your decision but I would go for the one perfect for the job. Even if you don't get your dream job right away you will be able to apply for very similar roles.
Also it's quite nice to have some independence from your parents, but the terms go so quickly you'll be back for Christmas before you know it.

Cheers mate!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending