The Student Room Group

What subject should I drop

I am a current year 12 aspiring for 4 a's in maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. I'm not sure what I want to do in the future and I chose these subjects because I enjoy them. Anyway, to get to the point, what should I drop for year 13 or should I carry on all 4?
In my opinion if you like maths you might as well do further maths too. And A2 is more enjoyable than AS for both of them I think! Can't comment on physics and chem as I can't see why anyone would take them in the first place lol

Doing 4 A Levels is definitely worth considering if you can. I'm doing 4 A2s at the moment and I don't feel any more overworked than my friends who are doing 3. I think it's because I'm not just doing 4 for the sake of it, but rather because I genuinely liked all of my subjects last year. Plus, it's kinda reassuring for uni that I could theoretically completely fail one of them and still meet my offer.

Tbh whatever you do from where you are will probably leave you in a good position after A Levels. It's 100% a question of your personal preferences 😊 don't forget that what grades you get in summer could make you want to change plans as well.

Good luck with whatever you end up doing x
(edited 8 years ago)
Many, many people carry on all 4 a-levels with those subjects. If you're on track to achieve 4 As at AS then go for it!
it depends cause if you realise a subject is not for you because its not interesting , too hard or sometimes just not for you then you drop it. so in essence no one would actually help you in making that decision other than you...
i know what i am dropping next year biology - absolutely hate it
will be carrying on with A-level Maths Physics and chemistry,:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest