The Student Room Group

Current Affairs RAF OASC Interview

Scroll to see replies

Just a quick question about the "What aircraft do we operate and what are their roles" question.

How many aircraft should I learn? I've learnt all the transport aircraft(Number of aircraft, role, squadrons, bases, range, payload..) and I'm realising that it'll take a good 5 10 minutes to discuss all the multi engine aircraft. So should I learn the ones I'm interested in or a couple from each branch?

Thanks
Original post by EthanFuture
Just a quick question about the "What aircraft do we operate and what are their roles" question.

How many aircraft should I learn? I've learnt all the transport aircraft(Number of aircraft, role, squadrons, bases, range, payload..) and I'm realising that it'll take a good 5 10 minutes to discuss all the multi engine aircraft. So should I learn the ones I'm interested in or a couple from each branch?

Thanks

They'll lead the question towards one.

As in, if you were going pilot they'd ask what you know about the training route, then adjust the question to be akin to "so if you went down the multi engine route, what aircraft might you end up on?... Where is it based?... What does it do?" Etc.

Try to know a few of each stream as a minimum, their squadrons, their bases. How many of them we have isn't important, range and payload is irrelevant, apart from the weapons on combat aircraft.

They're not really there to test your knowledge, but to see what happens and how you react when you run out of knowledge. And they absolutely will get to that point.
Hello does anyone know roughly how long it takes after the medical assessment before you're invited and get a confirmed date to go to the OASC
Original post by ICECOLDPRINCE
Hello does anyone know roughly how long it takes after the medical assessment before you're invited and get a confirmed date to go to the OASC

It varies for everybody, there's no set time.
Original post by Drewski
It varies for everybody, there's no set time.

Oh I see and do we get told after we have taken the medical assessment?
Original post by ICECOLDPRINCE
Oh I see and do we get told after we have taken the medical assessment?

After you're passed medically fit, and then plus however long it takes for that message to work it's way through the bureaucracy, they'll decide a date and then inform you.

How long that takes is widely variable. There's no point us saying it'll take x weeks and then you getting worried if you haven't heard anything after x+1 weeks.

If you pass, you'll hear. Take it from there.

Quick Reply

Latest